Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Post band op query

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    pgoldsmith

Hi,

I am now 1week post band op, not doing too bad food wise. However was wondering about my port wounds. I don’t have a follow up for my first fill till 7th Nov. When is it safe to take off dressings? When can I go swimming? It’s not clear to me, I have changed my compression dressing myself, and the wounds just looked like red lines with bruising around, does anyone have any advice?

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi there

I should imagine the nurse at your GP would know. Why not give him/her a ring?

Doodah xx

Nettie

Hi Paul,
    I was told to remove mine after 4 days but best to check with Spire Gatwick Park, phone Kay the Bariatric Nurse I’, sure you will have met her already, she is fab. How are you feeling in general?

Nettie xx

penzo

Sounds like the wounds have closed well. I covered mine with a clear dressing (Tegaderm) for showers and to go swimming just in case for a week or so. Penzo

pgoldsmith

Thanks Penzo, so stay off swimming for a couple of weeks?

johncg

Hi Paul
    I took my plasters off after 4/5 days.
    I done a gentle breast stroke after four weeks post op….

Cheers John

pgoldsmith

Cheers John, did u swim before ur first fill? As my first fill is bang on 4 weeks post op

johncg

Yes just gentle breast stroke

John

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media