Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Please help!! Eating solids on my third week post op

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Eating and Drinking Pre and Post Weight Loss Surgery » Please help!! Eating solids on my third week post op

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    azzaomer

HI EVERYONE

I’m currently on my fourth week post op. Halfway through week two i started eating normal solids again because i could not take the hunger! I could not take another soup or slim fast again and was always, always feeling very hungry!

Now Im scared that I’ve stretched my pouch or my band has slipped because I’m eating normally like before the band. same portions same food! I don’t even feel like there is a band in there.

I haven’t had any symptoms Ive just been eating away like a pig and i don’t feel a thing.

another reason was i stopped losing weight halfway through week one and i was so disappointed!

Im due for my first fill on saturday!

Please has anyone out there been through the same thing as me?

im so fed up and tearful and disappointed in myself!! please help

Lauren
    Keymaster

CALL YOUR TEAM!! That’s what they are for. Don’t suffer in silence. They will NOT judge you and will help you all they can. It might be something very, very simple. Don’t give up at the first hurdle xx

Doodah x

Nettie

I ate loads waiting for my first fill in fact the night before my first fill I ate a family size pizza, take Doodah’s advice and contact your team but you wont find any restriction from the band until you have had it adjusted several times.

Nettie xx

azzaomer

Thank you Nettie and Doodah, really helpful.

Nettie its good to know I’m not going crazy with what I’m eating. I thought that you feel the tight restriction as soon as you have the band in place!!!!! little did i know!

Interesting you say that the band may need to be adjusted several times!! something i was not aware of either!
    I thought that you get your band filled you feel tighter until it gets loose again with time!!!

Thank you Doodah, I did try and talk to my team and they are very vague about answers…always telling me not to worry??? I had my op privately done. They’re very casual about the whole procedure and my surgeon always seems like he is in a rush. maybe its just me?

Lauren
    Keymaster

Where and with whom did you have your surgery?

Doodah x

Nettie

When do you have an appointment to see them?

Nettie xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Have you contacted your team yet Azza?

Hope you are ok :-/

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media