Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

please help, day 2 milk diet! !!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Whilst I have felt no real hunger, it has surprised me how much food affects me mentally. Anyway I digress. Can I have two oxo cubes per day? because I actually really look forward to them.

H xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Sparklepumpkin 28485 wrote:

Whilst I have felt no real hunger, it has surprised me how much food affects me mentally. Anyway I digress. Can I have two oxo cubes per day? because I actually really look forward to them.

H xxxx

The ‘friend’ you think you have lost in food, is actually your worst enemy. ‘Head hunger’ is the hardest thing to overcome so my advice is the try a new skill that you hadn’t considered before. We never know what we are or can be good at unless we try it. Is there anything you have always wanted to do but just not got round to? My daughter decided to give archery a go as she loved watching the ‘Robin Hood’ series on TV. Within four weeks it was evident that she was an absolute natural at it and even the tutor was amazed!

As for the stock cube, I would say no because of the high salt content. Plus, you will have already ‘bent’ the rules in the first two days. I know that sounds ridiculous but it honestly is the slippery slope. As much as the pre op diet is for preparing you for surgery, it is also a test of your resolve for after. Don’t change thing so soon – it will not do you any favours.

Sorry if that’s not what you wanted to hear but as everyone on here knows, I always tell the truth, no matter how unwanted it is. Keep strong – you will be so proud of yourself in the end for doing so.

Doodah x

No that’s brilliant to know doo dah. I was worried that one extra oxo then turns into a cuppa soup, and so on. Another quick question, my Mum does the Cambridge diet and keeps telling me that I will go into Ketosis. I am slightly worried about this coz its hard enough doing the milk diet without dealing with the symptoms of Ketosis.

Hx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Sparklepumpkin 28497 wrote:

No that’s brilliant to know doo dah. I was worried that one extra oxo then turns into a cuppa soup, and so on. Another quick question, my Mum does the Cambridge diet and keeps telling me that I will go into Ketosis. I am slightly worried about this coz its hard enough doing the milk diet without dealing with the symptoms of Ketosis.

Hx

Leave this one with me Sparkle. As I have said before, I’m not a clinician but I do have access to the team so will ask for you. It’s a very good question!

Doodah x

Thanks so much x

Wow day 5 and I feel soooo much better. Not obsessing about food all the time, not hungry and feel happy. Feeling very proud of myself as I went to a BBQ yesterday and didn’t touch a thing, and actually it was the thought of the bbq that was worse, coz once I was there I didn’t fancy any food. Ill be honest everyday I have said I am gonna cheat, but I havent. I really didn’t know I had this kind of will power 🙂

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Sparklepumpkin 28509 wrote:

Wow day 5 and I feel soooo much better. Not obsessing about food all the time, not hungry and feel happy. Feeling very proud of myself as I went to a BBQ yesterday and didn’t touch a thing, and actually it was the thought of the bbq that was worse, coz once I was there I didn’t fancy any food. Ill be honest everyday I have said I am gonna cheat, but I havent. I really didn’t know I had this kind of will power 🙂

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU.

I honestly am. It takes huge amounts of willpower and resolve to do this and you have more than proved that you can. It bodes really well for your weight loss surgery journey that you are so focused.

Well done my lovely. Hope you are as proud of you as I am. Still waiting to hear back about your question regarding ketosis – I’m very keen to hear the answer myself!

Keep up the good work 😉

Doodah x

Hi I’m nearly at the end of my milk diet (surgery tomorrow) and I honestly found it kinda ok. I will however admit to not having the savoury drink in the evening and some days I couldn’t get all my milk in. There were moments where I could have cheated when cooking dinner for the kids, I didn’t and I’m amazed! The hardest bit was the weekend as the family are all home munching all day. I didn’t realise how much snacking goes on in my house!! Thank goodness they’ve all gone back to school/work and I can start packing for the hospital and feel in control again. And am pleased I’m nearly there. Good luck to anyone else on the milk diet there are tough times but hang on in there.. you aren’t actually hungry, you just miss food so be strong and it will be done quick.

Hi I’m nearly at the end of my milk diet (surgery tomorrow) and I honestly found it kinda ok. I will however admit to not having the savoury drink in the evening and some days I couldn’t get all my milk in. There were moments where I could have cheated when cooking dinner for the kids, I didn’t and I’m amazed! The hardest bit was the weekend as the family are all home munching all day. I didn’t realise how much snacking goes on in my house!! Thank goodness they’ve all gone back to school/work and I can start packing for the hospital and feel in control again. And am pleased I’m nearly there. Good luck to anyone else on the milk diet there are tough times but hang on in there.. you aren’t actually hungry, you just miss food so be strong and it will be done before you know it. By the way in my 1 week milk diet I’ve lost 9lbs!!! And I’m a slow loser normally.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@triedeverything 28517 wrote:

Hi I’m nearly at the end of my milk diet (surgery tomorrow) and I honestly found it kinda ok. I will however admit to not having the savoury drink in the evening and some days I couldn’t get all my milk in. There were moments where I could have cheated when cooking dinner for the kids, I didn’t and I’m amazed! The hardest bit was the weekend as the family are all home munching all day. I didn’t realise how much snacking goes on in my house!! Thank goodness they’ve all gone back to school/work and I can start packing for the hospital and feel in control again. And am pleased I’m nearly there. Good luck to anyone else on the milk diet there are tough times but hang on in there.. you aren’t actually hungry, you just miss food so be strong and it will be done before you know it. By the way in my 1 week milk diet I’ve lost 9lbs!!! And I’m a slow loser normally.

Nine pounds in a week?! That’s fantastic! Just goes to prove what we can all do if we get our heads down and just DO IT!

You may find that your own, new eating habits will rub off on the other people in your family. It’s interesting how many family members also take up the new healthier way of eating and living. They see how much healthier and happier you become so want to try it for themselves. One of my children has lost over two stones just by being more mindful of what they eat plus the fact that I cook extremely health food now and have reduced portion size over the years. Ripples on a pond…..

Doodah x

Wow 9lbs is amazing, every time I want to cheat, I think to myself its the obesity monster trying to get out!. Also good luck on your surgery. How very exciting. Who is doing your surgery? , you having band or bypass?.

H xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Sparklepumpkin 28497 wrote:

Hx

Hi there

I have this from Nicole Berberian, Streamline Surgical’s Dietitian:

‘…There is approximately 100g of carb in the milk diet per day. Typically low carb ketosis diets have 20-30g of carb on the strict phases, rising to 40g/day. At 100g on the milk diet which includes plenty of milk sugars in the form of lactose many people may not be in ketosis. Side effects noted by people on ketosis are a change in breath, which has a sweet, fruity smell sometimes mistaken for alcohol, nausea, headaches and loss of appetite, but the way of knowing for sure is to test using ketosis testing strips….’

It’s fascinating isn’t it? I wanted to know that myself as I did the dreaded Atkins diet (along with all the others!) many moons ago. Thanks for asking the question.

Doodah x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media