Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Plateaus

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    falcon

We all know they are coming but why are they so hard to deal with.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Because we are so used to everything being instant in this day and age that the thought of having to wait for something is irritating! That’s it in a nutshell really.

We have to learn that some things take time, effort, patience and the ability to keep going even when we don’t get instant results. It takes ages for the weight to go on (who wakes up suddenly 10st heavier?!) so it makes perfect sense to accept that it will take just as long to lose it again. No magic formula I’m afraid. Just trust in the surgery, your own efforts and the fact that most things worth having in life take time (babies, relationships, career success….)

Sorry I can’t say anything more ‘positive’. BUT, you are not alone. You have us guys to help and support you along the way, so in that respect you are miles ahead of the game ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

falcon

I think you are spot on. I go into a state of panic when I don’t loose!

Lauren
    Keymaster

“Don’t panic: you’re British” as Mr Mainwaring used to say in ‘Dad’s Army’!! If you are under 30 that quote will be totally lost on you lol!

A plateau isn’t a gain…..it’s your body having a bit of a breather before it sets off again ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

falcon

Ha ha, Dad’s Army still makes me chuckle.

It is an illogical panic but then my relationship with food and weight has never been based on logic.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@falcon 28901 wrote:

Ha ha, Dad’s Army still makes me chuckle.

It is an illogical panic but then my relationship with food and weight has never been based on logic.

Then you are amongst ‘friends’ here Falcon! I doubt whether a single one of us has ‘normal’ feelings regarding food. I know I haven’t. even after almost 5 years I could hazard a pretty good guess at the calorie content of things (even though I don’t do counting anymore!) Old habits die hard. I am of the generation who were told to clear our plates at every meal and to think of the ‘little children in africa who are starving’. No wonder we are all scared to death of leaving food. and the little children in Africa are still starving….. which makes it even worse ๐Ÿ™

Doodah x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media