Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Paying for band slippage?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ev123

Quick question: does anyone know if you have to pay for surgery to correct a leaking/slipped band?
    Thanks x

ev123

Btw I paid for the original surgery privately.

hides

Hi evie
    Please calm down, i’m guessing you are still in alittle pain, and thinking the worse. Remember you have had a major op, and you will still be swollen and sore for a few more days . As long as you can drink, you should be fine.

But to answer your question, i think it’s different for each hosp…… My band was private and in somerset, but my op is covered till 6 months. I have taken an insurance out. But the best thing you can do is phone the hosp. Hopefully they will be able to reassure you.

Take care, and please stay in touch
    Heidi

hides

Oh evie
    I hope i haven’t spoken out of turn. I have just read 3 or 4 post you have put up, and you sound worried.
    Please ask any questions, i may not have the answer, but someone else will. I do hope things are a little better today

Heidi

ev123

Thanks hides, feeling a little better. I’m just being paranoid, i think the general anaesthetic has made me a bit pannicky! Don’t worry ur not out of turn 🙂 I appreciate the feedback xxx

mummajuju

Hi guys. Sorry to interrupt on your chat but I am 6 days post op. just sneezed this morning while in bed and thought I’d torn everything! Aghhh it hurt. I read this is normal but it got me thinking about slippage etc! Where can I take insurance out for any complications?
    Cheers julie c

Doodah
    Keymaster

@mummajuju 25450 wrote:

Hi guys. Sorry to interrupt on your chat but I am 6 days post op. just sneezed this morning while in bed and thought I’d torn everything! Aghhh it hurt. I read this is normal but it got me thinking about slippage etc! Where can I take insurance out for any complications?
    Cheers julie c

Hi Julie

Congrats on having your surgery.

I would suggest checking the small print on your documents regarding who pays for what. Or indeed calling to find out for sure. If you are a Streamline Surgical patient, please call (freephone) 0800 157 7033 or email: info@streamline-surgical.com for more information.

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media