Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Paul’s weight loss journey

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Paul-H
    Participant

Hi all

Getting back on topic

Now at week 11 and today’s weight is 106.8kg, a slightly smaller loss this week, but a loss all the same. BMI is anoyingly still clinging in the obese range but getting there slowly, who said wls was a quick fix 🙂

Bye for now.

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Paul-H 23461 wrote:

Hi all

Getting back on topic

Now at week 12 and today’s weight is 106.8kg, a slightly smaller loss this week, but a loss all the same. BMI is anoyingly still clinging in the obese range but getting there slowly, who said wls was a quick fix 🙂

Bye for now.

Paul

The people who think it’s a quick fix are the deluded ones who think it’s a cheat’s way to being healthier! My family all know how hard it has been for me to lose 15st. I’m almost 4 years post op and I still have to think about what I eat every day from a nutritional viewpoint. Lot’s of slim people eat junk so, even though they are slim they are not neccessarily healthy. Being lighter is about being healthier. If I wanted huge muscles, I would life weights – it that cheating?

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi all

Its that time again, I have been to the Whale Weigh Station for my weekly weigh in

Now at the start of week 12 and todays weight is 105.8 Kg, so a whole Kg off this week which in old money is 2.2 pounds so still going well and in the right direction.

I am now off my Blood Pressure Medication and my BP is around 120/70 most of the time. Everything else is also fine with no WLS related issues, I can now eat just about anything I try now with no problems at all, well as lomg as I dont try just one spoon too much that is, I even managed to go to an Indian restarant last week and realy enjoyed my order of Bombay Potatoes and a Vegetable Bhaji and it was quite a shock to the rest of the Family when I left half of each dish as well.

Got my next appointment at St Richards Next week to see the Diatitian, where I will probably be told I am doing it all wrong.

Anyway, enough of my rambling on, untill next week

Bye for now

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

I really look forward to your posts each week Paul. They are so helpful to the newbies. Thanks for continuing to do them and I’m really sorry if we sometimes get carried away and slightly hijack you :-/

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi Guys

It’s that time again

Week 13 weigh in, still going down but this week only just, today’s weight is 105.4, so only 0.4kg off this week, but it’s still something off which is better than the other two options of staying the same or even gaining, right.

Bye for now

Paul.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Absolutely right Paul. A loss is a loss, no matter how modest. Be proud of yourself ;-))

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi guys

Not been around for a few weeks, but everything is still going ok.

I have now passed a few milestones, my weight is now into double figures well 99.8kg so that’s close enough to double figures for me, and my BMI is now down to 29 so no longer obese just overweight now. I am getting a bit of hair loss but that’s expected, just had a full blood work up so will find out if my protein intake is a bit low, although it shouldn’t be as my diet is good.

Bye for now

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update Paul.

Isn’t going from obese to overweight just the coolest thing?! Well done, you are doing brilliantly 😉

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

It sure is, especially as it was only about 18 weeks ago I had my surgery, never in my wildest dreams did I think it would come off this fast, still got about 2 anda half stone to go before anything like a target weight but so far no indication I won’t reach goal weight and probably be there around the end of the year, that be Obese to Goal in 10 months, well a guy can dream, right.

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

You keep on doing what you are doing Paul and there is absolutley no reason whatsoever that your dream can’t come true! Well done.

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi all

Not been around as much as I would have liked so my updates have not been as regular as I would have liked, so just a quick one to keep things upto date.

I am now just past 7 months and today I weighed in at 91.6kg which is just under 14 1/2 stone in old money, and to be honest for a bloke over 6 foot is probably a realistic goal weight so I think I will now be trying to level things off. If I ever manage to get funding to have my loose skin removed that will probably take the last bit off. But for now I think I am done. One thing is for sure and that is WLS has been the best thing ever, so a massive thank you to MR Slater and the excellent team at St Richards in Chichester.

By for now and hope to see a few of you at the forum get together.

Paul

Whitey

Well done Paul! You have done so well and your posts have been a real inspiration to us. All the best for the future.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Wow Paul! That is a fantastic weight for a 6ft plus man, well done indeed.

I hope you manage to get funding for your excess skin. Things are very tough in that respect at the moment as there just isn’t enough money to go round. Keep going though: it’s not over till it’s over as they say 😉

Doodah x

78rpm

I have to agree about the loose skin it can be a big weight factor and dependent on what you started with could be a stones worth give or take so always have to think about it and the potential removal funds or funding dependent!!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Mine is about a stone’s worth after losing 15st so It’s worth doing. However, I’m not doing it for that – it’s sore, painful and drives me insane. I get infections all the time and my neck, back, shoulders and elbows hurt all the time. Hence tummy, arms and boobs being done.

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media