Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Paul’s weight loss journey

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Paul-H
    Participant

Hi guys

Thought I had better start one of these, if just to keep me on track.

When I first went to see my GP regarding my weight, I was about 152kg or about 24 stones in old money.

My GP tried me on all the usual weightless medication, first Zenocal, and then Reductil. I did find I did well on Reducti and did manage to get down to 133kg or 21 stones before Reductil was withdrawn. I than spent the next year more or less stalled at 133kg.

It was then decided that I should go down the Bariatric surgery route and the referral process was started.

Things didn’t go well to start with and the first refeeral was to a surgeon that didn’t do weight loss surgery. The second refeeral was made and this time I got to see a surgeon that did bariatrics. The trouble was his weighting list was 2 years long. So a third referral was made but this time to St Richards and from then on the process went as smooth as silk and within 15 weeks of the paperwork being posted of I was bypassed.

My weight at the preop was still around 132kg,
    Then onto the milk diet for 10 days and on the day of surgery I was 125kg or just over 19.5 stones, I had not been that light for years.
    Today it is Monday weigh day and a week post op and I now weigh 121kg.

Real pleased with this start and look forward to many more pounds off.

I will update this post every Monday. Just tto keep me on track.

By for now

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

Brilliant idea Paul.

Look forward to reading it.

Doodah x

johncg

Fantastic Paul…

What a journey we are on…. Look forward to reading your post….

Love John xxx

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi Guys

Time for my weekly weigh in (at the Whale way station)

Now two weeks post op and today’s weight is 118.7kg and lost an inch off Chest, waist and neck so all going well.

By for now

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

Well done Paul. All on track 😉

Doodah x

Pinkdancer

Well done Paul your hard work is paying dividends. keep up the good work.

keep your fluids up as that will help also with losing.

midge

You are doing so well you must feel great
    Midge xx

Paul-H
    Participant

Thanks guys & Gals

The best thing is not feeling hungry anymore, pre-op I always felt hungry and was always on the prowl for food, now I have eating time alarms set on my phone, so that I don’t just miss meals because the hunger bell has not gone off. Can’t wait till I get to that point when I start to notice my new shape.

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Paul. It’s the weirdest feeling not to feel hungry isn’t it? Having to be reminded to eat: wtf?!

As for noticing your weight loss in the mirror, I guarantee others will notice it well before you do! We are so used to a certain image of ourselves that it remains locked in place even when our own eyes tell us something else. We are on the inside looking out whilst others see our outside first (which bullies thrive on don’t they?) therefore, other people notice our shrinking bodies before we do. I have known people being really scared that when they go for a check up, the nurse will tell them they have only lost a few pounds. They are actually knocked off their perches to be told they have lost 4st haha! I love seeing that look of surprise and delight and I’ll never tire of it.

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi guy

Time for my weekly weigh in

I’m now 3 weeks post op and my weights now down to 116.7 kg another 2kg off.

Still on the purée stage, only a week to go, doing well with no problems.

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

Glad to hear it Paul. Well done mate xx

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi all

Now at the start of week 4, weight now down to 115.3kg, weightloss has slowed a bit but still going in the right direction. I know a 3lb loss is ok but I was hoping for more in the early days.

Not had a good week as on a couple of days for no obvious reason I have struggled to keep food down, it feels like something has got blocked, although obviously it hasn’t. I am going to give up one of the capsuals I have to take twice a day just in case it’s them. I only re-started them this week so they might be the problem.

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Paul. Well done on continuing to lose. A 3lbs a week weight loss is magnificent – almost a stone a month!! You shouldn’t be aiming for any more than that so that any extra loss is a bonus. Keep on keeping on as they say and you will be down to a healthy weight in no time.

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

Yep I know its a good weight loss, for my starting weight, I think I have been reading too many other peoples weight loss journeys where they have a massive loss in the first few months but forget that they are also a lot heavy than I was at the start, obviously someone that starts at 30 plus stone will loose a lot more at the start than someone who starts at 20 ish stone like me, I was just hoping I suppose that mine would also fall off, which obviously it isn’t going to is it.

Just got to get my head around it and be grateful that I got the surgery and still stand a good chance of being near my goal weight in a years time, even with only losing a pound or two a month.

Still more good news is that my BMI is down from a pre liver diet of 40 to 33.5 so not got far to go before I am out of the obese class, who would ever thought it would be good just to be over weight 🙂

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

I lost 3.5lbs a week with a starting BMI of 64 (I was wider than tall at 5′ 3″) so you are doing brilliantly. Every single journey, no matter how long is completed one step at a time ;-))

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media