Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Passport worries

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Guys.

Just read a post on Streamline’s facebook page that had me thinking (steady on!!)

How much does it cost to get a new passport and how long would it take to get back to me? My passport is pre surgery so not only am I 15st lighter, I also have blonde, long, straight hair: I have short, black curly hair in my passport photo!! I actually look like a totally different person haha!

I’m going on my first ever long haul flight in August (health and size prevented me for all these years) so want to be able to sail through passport control and customs etc after an 11 hour flight! I will have to wear the fab stockings and have blood thinning meds for the flight as well as all the vaccinations as I have ‘sticky blood’ aka Hughes Syndrome (as do all my immediate family) so I don’t want to have to worry about being stopped at passport control!

I can’t tell you how excited I am about my holiday. Two weeks of sunshine and relaxation for the first time in my life. I will be almost 53 years old when I go on holiday yet it is something other people do (several times a year in some cases) without even thinking about it. It’s yet another fantastic way my life has improved after wls.

Doodah x

suthur1

I wonder who’s post that could be …. lol

Here is some info …..

To renew an adult ten-year 32-page passport costs:
    £77.50 for the standard service
    £112.50 for the one-week Fast Track Service
    £129.50 for the one-day Premium service
    If you were born on or before 2 September 1929, your passport is free of charge. However, you will need to pay the extra fee for Fast Track or Premium services if you use them.

Ragards Mark

Nettie

Use the check and send service at the post office, mine was back in 14 days, how exciting

Nettie xx

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

One quick tip, don’t getbthe form from the post office and sit there for hours wondering how to fill it out go to there website and fill it out on line, there online system automatically asks the correct questions leaving out any that don’t apply to you. They then send it to you through the post for your signature and new super slim photo.

It’s just so much easier online.

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

Wow! Great advice. Thanks guys.

Yes suther it was yours!! And I most certainly was NOT born before 2 September 1929!!!!!!!!! Even though I look it some days
    :-@

Doodah x

shelleymarie

lol Really excited for you Doodah. I’m desperate to go on holiday again as it’s been a few years since I felt comfortable getting on a plane. I’m also looking forward to a holiday that isn’t all about food! You are going to have a brilliant time, nothing like a good holiday, you really deserve it too 🙂 x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Aw thanks Shelley. We paid the balance in full yesterday so it’s REALLY happening!!

I’ve decided to leave my passport as it only has 15 months left to run. I just hope they don’t stop and search me at the airport!

I’ve also booked private swimming lessons as I’m not a very good swimmer. I want to be able to snorkel and jump off a boat into the sea with my family. I’m absolutely terrified but I WILL conquer it. Just hope it doesn’t involve arm bands haha!

Doodah x

Nettie

Arm bands lol, I’m sure it wont and I admire you so much for booking lessons, good luck.

Nettie xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Thanks Nettie. Learning to swim really equates with learning to eat right for me. I have my wls as my arm bands should I need them but I will eventually only need them once in a while if at all. I will be able to sink to the bottom…but pull myself back up again just like I did with my weight.

Does that sound ridiculous?!

Doodah x

Wow- I am really encouraged to read this- as someone just starting on a weight loss journey it is exciting to see someone else benefiting from it. Doodah , I had a quick look on the website and you need to be recognizable from your photo. It might be worth giving them a call to check (passport advice line on 0300 222 0000.)

Enjoy !

Doodah
    Keymaster

@peppermintpatsy 23709 wrote:

Wow- I am really encouraged to read this- as someone just starting on a weight loss journey it is exciting to see someone else benefiting from it. Doodah , I had a quick look on the website and you need to be recognizable from your photo. It might be worth giving them a call to check (passport advice line on 0300 222 0000.)

Enjoy !

Thank you SO much Patsy. What a smashing, kind thing to do. I will call them this afternoon xx

Also glad that the posts by everyone on here lift your spirits and make you feel positive about YOUR journey – the wls one

Doodah x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media