Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Passed the first hurdle . . .

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Janifred

I really don’t know why I was getting in a tizzy before my first consultation, guess I had convinced myself (again) that I wasn’t that fat and I would be told to go away, just like my GP had done previously, only with a parting comment of ‘ don’t eat so much and you will loose weight’. So I have changed my Doctor (sound advice from all you lovely people) and took a deep breath and went to the appointment yesterday. I had 77 questions to ask and a written story as to why I was there. I arrived on the South Coast far too early (appt was at 4pm, I got there at 11am) visited Havant, Portsmouth and finally found Emsworth to chillax (you know chill and relax) Went to the hosp on a recce, returned to Emsworth – get my drift? Panic was so setting in and I was then worrying about the seats and would I be embarrassed by getting stuck (again) in a chair. I did just that . . . in the waiting room, so I promised myself not to sit in the same type of chair . . even if it was in with the consultant. I went in, lost my nerve as I met Mr Shaw Summers who immediately put me at ease, recognized my dilemma and provided me with another chair. How thoughtful of him and he is so charming. All my questions were answered and yes it did feel a bit like me interviewing him, but at least it was a very pleasant hour and I’ve said yes to a bypass! July seems the most opportune time as I’m going to put a holiday before and after – a kinda sandwich holiday to compare the two and finally get to see what the airplane loo looks like . . . Next stop is the head stuff and a surprise for the purse, as this one is outside of the package cost. Hadn’t planned for that in my budget (self funding) so I will have to scrimp a bit harder. I want to know how you deal with the emotional connection with food being severed and what coping tools you have to help you through. I don’t want to get depressed missing my comfort aaaaahhhhhh. But I will keep on posting as its kinda therapautic (seeing your words up in the cloud he he) Anyway folks please don’t think that I am being miserable and need a virtual hug, as I am on cloud 9 as I can now join the losers bench (well soon anyways) Mwah:dance:

Fenella

Good for you. I am having a bypass with Mr Somers on Tuesday at Harrow so will let you know how it goes. I’m sure he used to being interviewed – I also went with notes, really scared now but no doubts well few anyway.

Janifred

Good luck and look forward to your next chapter of posts on here. I will keep my eye open for them.

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Ms Ellie

Good luck janifred and well done on getting all your questions answered by mr Somers! Mr Somers was my surgeon and he is fab surgeon!!!

Much love Ellie xxx

Ms Ellie

@Fenella 15406 wrote:

Good for you. I am having a bypass with Mr Somers on Tuesday at Harrow so will let you know how it goes. I’m sure he used to being interviewed – I also went with notes, really scared now but no doubts well few anyway.

good luck fenella on having your op on Tuesday! Look forward to welcoming you to the losers bench x

Fenella

Thank you. Bettyboo and I are in together and will try to report in!

Ms Ellie

Janifred a lovely picture there xxxxx

Janifred

Ahhhh bless you – Its probably the best one I have of me and it was at one of those makeover photo shoots that my lovely daughter persuaded me to go along to . . . and I got roped in and it cost me a fortune – she didnt have enough money to pay for her own. I know I’m a sucker but love always beats all. mwah

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media