Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Pain in left side and feeling depressed

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Band operation » The first 6 months of the Gastric Band » Pain in left side and feeling depressed

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

All

Am feeling really disheartened. I am 5 weeks post op. I have been on holiday for a week, and apart from the fact that it rained the whole time I also ate not especially healthily.

Also a couple of weeks ago I Bent down and something went wrong. Not sure what happened but now I have a severe sharp pain in my left side roughly level with my tummy button. It is a lot worse when I laugh or with certain movements. Having been away, and unhappy to acknowledge a problem I ignored it but plan to call on Monday but wondered if anyone had any ideas as to what could be the cause. As far as I can see the following things could go wrong

1) the band has slipped -but seems to low
    2) There is a problem with Port – where is that, I can’t feel it?
    3) The hernia I had fixed had split.

Either way, am in pain and very discouraged. Hoping this pain can be resolved and a fill in a couple of weeks will start to make this feel ‘real’ as right now it feels as if I’ve had nothing done.

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

I doubt the band has slipped as it is stitched into place to stop it slipping.

The port will be under the largest of your scars.

Can’t comment on the hernia repair but it is possible that something went wrong but un likely.

You do need to speak to your team though, just to be sure and safe.

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Patsy. Sorry your holiday was quite literally a washout.

Please contact your GP as soon as you can so that a comprehensive diagnosis of the problem can be made. There’s no point in trying to guess and it will waste time. Things could get worse if you don’t address immediately.

Please let us know how you get on and good luck that you are comfortable again soon.

Doodah x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media