Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Packed Lunch ideas

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    tinkly_roars

Dear fellow losers!

I wondered what everyone else had for their lunches – i’m getting a bit bored of cottage cheese and melba toasts!!! lol

Tinks xx

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Tinks,
    First I have tried cous cous and love it and it loves me which is great. Lunch I always struggle with lunch but I have crackerbread with anything on it, cheese spread, tuna, mackerel, hard boiled egg mashed with low fat mayo and cheese, any kind of pate,(not at same time lol) or try bread sticks with humous. Hope that gives you some ideas.
    Elaine xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Tinks

My packed lunches were nearly always the same: crackers, tiny low fat cheese portion and….a baby pureed fruit pudding! They are generally low in fat, sugar and salt. For people at work, I think lunch is the hardest meal to get ‘right’. If you get breakfast or dinner wrong, you are at home and can ‘get rid of it’ and try something else – it’s not as convenient to rush to the loo at work if it doesn’t agree with you :-O

I’m sure the fabulously knowledgable people on here will come up with some great ideas. It’s deffo worth checking out Carol Ball’s recipes though.

Doodah x

kathc

Is pate ok then ? I saw someone above mention it ? I thought it might be too high in fat ??

Glad if I can coz I do like it .

Katherine

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Fenella
    kathc wrote:
    Is pate ok then ? I saw someone above mention it ? I thought it might be too high in fat ??

Glad if I can coz I do like it .

Katherine

Think pate should be low fat, there are several around.

dawnyc

I eat the low fat Brussels pate from Asda on different crackers / ryvieta all the time and have not yet had a problem also have tesco lower fat peanut butter sometimes for a change x

kathc

Thanks guys great to know .

Doodah
    Keymaster

Low fat peanut butter is a gift from heaven!! I eat veggie pate which is naturally lower in fat. And aren’t all the new varieties of ryvita just lush?! Can’t beat marmite and cucumber or Iceburg lettuce though in my humble opinion 😉 No I’m not mad:or pregnant lol!

Doodah
    Keymaster

How did that little smiley face get in there???

78rpm

I have eaten both the morrisons and sainsburys low fat pate without any problems, also the mini baybel lights.

🙂

rgds

Jason

Streamliner

Carol has just posted a fabulous Pate recipe on her website Chicken Liver Pate | Amber bariatric recipes | Bariatric Cookery

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media