Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Overeating???

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ev123

Hi all,
    I need some advice. I had my band fitted about a month ago and no problems until recently. For the past couple of days I have been really compulsively eating, not taking in loads but enough to feel my tummy is stretched and feel a little sick. I can’t seem to help myself! I know I just have to break the habit of expecting to be able to eat a lot, and that’s fine, but I’m just worried that I’m going to damage my band or stomach or something, and am terrified of the band slipping!
    Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Ev xxx

ev123

Also, does n e 1 know how much should I be eating? Half a mug?
    Thanks xxx

Hi Evie, I think the main thing for us at the moment is to make sure we take up to 20 mins to eat what we have as by this time our stomach should be telling our brains that we are full. It is hard to slow down as its not what we are used to. I have either ate my dinner from a small cereal bowl or small side plate dependant on what it is I am eating. I too am getting hunger pangs but trying to fill up by drinking or eating a bananna etc.
    I believe it will be harder for us overthe next 2 weeksor so until we have our first fill and just omporant for usto eat the right thingsto maintain what we have lost so far.
    I hope that helps, you have my number if you want to give me a call for some support hun xx

ev123

Thanks hun! I think I panic way too much :/ ive been looking online and a lot of people have been saying what u just said – that it’s difficult until we get our first fill. I think I definitely have to take ur advice and carry some snacks. I also had pasta this evening which I think may have been a mistake. I guess it’s just a learning curve! Xxx

I know its hard isnt it. I have seen a few posts and web site that say normal pasta is quite hard and that its best the day after as its quite hard to digest. The only bitof pasta I had was a lasagne ( small bit) when I went away as it was a family meal and it was ok but again I made it the day before I went so was very soft. X Its all trial and error for us until we try all foods to see what our friend the band likes and doesnt lol x

Your not paniking hun, I think everyone must think or feel like this in the early days. All quite normal

Xx

hides

Hi ev123

Sam is spot on, try using a smaller plate for your meals, and defo make sure you have enough fluids. Generally your first fill is at the 6 weeks mark, and you will feel hunger pangs the last couple of weeks. Unfortunately this is were your self control has to kick in.

As for the eating slower part…… This is defo a learning curve, 🙂 i’m nearly 6 months on, and i still find it hard to eat slow.

Take a deep breath evie, i’m sure you are doing everything right, but please feel free to ask anything you are worried about, i’m sure someone will be able to answer anything you may need help with.

Heidi 🙂

Doodah
    Keymaster

Great advice guys. Thanks for being so caring as usual xxx

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media