Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Opiversary today!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    78rpm

Hi

Well today is my opiversary a year ago today I had my bypass at St Richards and bar a couple of problems immediately post op it’s been great. As you can see from my ticker I have lost over 103kg or 16 stone plus in old money. my bmi has come down from 61.5 to 28.94 and my attitude is so much more positive and I believe I am a better nicer person now. I have to say thanks to all of the team at st Richards particually Andrea and Samantha for the care and attention and support they gave and not forgetting Shaw Somers who actually did the operation. I can honestly say I would never change a thing that has happened to me since my pre op meeting and I am really happy with the new me 🙂

rgds

Jay

Doodah
    Keymaster

@78rpm 22568 wrote:

Hi

Well today is my opiversary a year ago today I had my bypass at St Richards and bar a couple of problems immediately post op it’s been great. As you can see from my ticker I have lost over 103kg or 16 stone plus in old money. my bmi has come down from 61.5 to 28.94 and my attitude is so much more positive and I believe I am a better nicer person now. I have to say thanks to all of the team at st Richards particually Andrea and Samantha for the care and attention and support they gave and not forgetting Shaw Somers who actually did the operation. I can honestly say I would never change a thing that has happened to me since my pre op meeting and I am really happy with the new me 🙂

rgds

Jay

Hi Jay and ‘Happy Opiversary’!!

I can hardly believe you have lost 16st in a year!! It took me 18 months to lose 15. My BMI was 64 so I can utterly relate to how different your life must be now, and for the better. I too had Mr Somers at St Richard’s and know that the team there are absolutely magnificent.

I hope you have some plans to celebrate your opiversary. You deserve to have a fab time. Well done. What an inspiration you will be to all the newbies on here ;-))

Doodah x

kathc

Wow and well done .

Katherine x

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Ganny
    Participant

What a weight lost, thought I had done well with my 10stone + in a year, my BMI is down from 54 to a good 33 and I am so much fitter and healthier in fact I am just back now from the gym. Again well done you.
    Elaine xx

78rpm

Thanks for the kind comments and Ganny you have done really well too bear in mind I had more to lose in the first place so I would say we are equal but we are all winners in terms of where we are now and how we feel due to the tools the surgery gave us to stop us being controlled by food and turn it around!

rgds

Jay

So glad I came across your post…..Opiversary – thats such a cool made up word! – I love it!

Im amazed by your weight loss – its awesome!….well done!

Doodah
    Keymaster

My 4th opiversary is in July – the FOURTH year! I can hardly believe it’s been that long. I have now managed to maintain my weight for 2.5 years so have finally cracked it. Four years ago I was given 3-5 years to live if I didn’t have the surgery so it’s quite possible that I might not have even been here. However, I am and 15st lighter to boot A very sobering thought indeed but also mind blowingly fab that wls saved my life and gave me back an even better one. How cool is that?!

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media