Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Op day Tomorrow!!

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Band operation » Op day Tomorrow!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Daniegant

Am having my gastric band tomorrow (at spire portsmouth) just sorting out my bag to take! Has anyone any ‘Must have’ items I should pack?? X

natalieyoung

Loose clothing for leaving

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Daniegant 29287 wrote:

Am having my gastric band tomorrow (at spire portsmouth) just sorting out my bag to take! Has anyone any ‘Must have’ items I should pack?? X

SO excited for you. It’s like Christmas eve for you tonight!

I would say face wipes and hand gel. I felt a bit grubby after my op so the face wipes were very welcome. Antibacterial hand gel as you can never be too careful – especially if you are going to have ‘small’ visitors (kids are notoriously mucky!!)
    Wishing you the very best of luck for tomorrow. We will all budge up on the loser’s bench for you. Let us know how you get on.

The Spire at Portsmouth is an excellent hospital. Very clean and comfortable and the staff are brilliant. 😉

Doodah x

Daniegant

I know can’t wait, can relax a bit more and finish packing once the baby is in bed as he’s taken a likening to
    Unpacking my bag! Will let you know how I get on! Still not nervous!! Sure that will all change in the morning once my son is at nursery and I’m on my way to the hospital! Xx

ruby tuesday

Best of luck, I was done there, great hospital. Take something to read, comfy nightie, slippers, dressing gown, and you will be in good hands so don’t worry!

treeza

Good luck. You will be fine & soon on the losers bench. Take care x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Today is the big day. Your new birthday really haha! Best of British xx

Daniegant

All done & dusted!!! Feel great!! Was in theatre by 11, out by 1, and discharged n home by 5!!! Slight pain nothing paracetamol isn’t fixing!!! Bring on the new me!!!

Doodah
    Keymaster

That’s fantastic! How wonderful to be all done within hours and to be back home and comfortable.

How are you feeling today? It is possible that at around day 4-5 you might be feel a bit ‘down’ but that is entirely normal after any sort of surgery. Make sure you don’t go too mad thinking you are ‘better’ than you actually are and remember to sip, sip, sip water all day. It’s a great healer.

Looking forward to hearing from you again 😉

Welcome to the world of wls you big loser lol!

Doodah x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media