Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

One week to go

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    alismum

Morning all. I am feeling buoyant today. Only one week to go to the big day at St Richard’s, Chichester. Also weighed myself this morning and have gone down to the next stone, if you know what I mean. Have just been going through my wardrobe and pulled out most of my ‘fat’ clothes ready for the charity shop. Just need the sunshine now for a dose of Vitamin D and all will be well.

ali’smumx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@ali’smum 28750 wrote:

Morning all. I am feeling buoyant today. Only one week to go to the big day at St Richard’s, Chichester. Also weighed myself this morning and have gone down to the next stone, if you know what I mean. Have just been going through my wardrobe and pulled out most of my ‘fat’ clothes ready for the charity shop. Just need the sunshine now for a dose of Vitamin D and all will be well.

ali’smumx

YAY!! Not long to go now eh? SO excited for you. A whole new life – full of health and happiness.

Doodah x

alismum

Thanks Doodah. Have now actually lost 1 stone on the milk diet – hooray!!!! Am baking biscuits for the WI stall and just picked up the bags of flour and sugar and realised how heavy they are which has really brought home to me how much I have lost already. Feel good that I can still bake and cook for Peter and it doesn’t worry me at all. My appetite has disappeared.

ali’smum

Lauren
    Keymaster

@ali’smum 28769 wrote:

Thanks Doodah. Have now actually lost 1 stone on the milk diet – hooray!!!! Am baking biscuits for the WI stall and just picked up the bags of flour and sugar and realised how heavy they are which has really brought home to me how much I have lost already. Feel good that I can still bake and cook for Peter and it doesn’t worry me at all. My appetite has disappeared.

ali’smum

It’s such a revelation isn’t it when you realise how much a bag of flour weighs and that you have been carrying round many, many bags. Aren’t our bodied just phenomenal?

I make rock cakes and other goodies for my family that I will never eat and it doesn’t bother me in the slightest either. I’m also veggie but still have to make meat foods for my family – that bothers me more in truth. I Cannot touch or see pork. Pigs are so similar in DNA to us that diabetic insulin is made from them. That thought, combined with the fact that they are far superior in intelligence to dogs made me stop eating pork about 30 years ago. I can’t bring myself to eat something that is more intelligent than my dog and so similar to be in genetic make up – feels like cannibalism! Also, my Dad was a firefighter in the RAF and said that burning human flesh smells exactly like roasting pork…GAG!!

Anyway, I digress (you all know what I’m like!) losing a stone on the pre op diet is utterly fantastic. Well done you. Pick up stone of flour to see how it feels….heavy right?! If you do the same with butter it’s really gross as it is an even better representation.

Keep up with the countdown – it really is just round the corner now 🙂

Doodah x

ps I’m not a vegetarian zealot and would never dream of trying to convert anyone. I gave up pork all those years ago for personal reasons and I have not eaten fish since I was 5 due to allergies. I have only been a full vegetarian since 2009.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media