Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

One week post op- help

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    monkey1

Hi,

I had my gastric bypass on Friday 24th August and I now feel fine. So one week one day. The First couple of days i had wind pain but that has now gone. I’m eating really well but i’m unsure if I’m eating too much. My dietitian is on holiday so need to ask you guys for advice.
    I have 2tbsp of ready brek in the morning then soup or tuna and mash for lunch with a tablespoon of veg. I have more than 75mls of soup though, as i dont feel satisfied is this too much?
    Also I’m having shepherds pie with carrot for tea, all liquidized but 2tbsp of shep pie and 1 of carrot. I feel fine after without any pain. Are my portion sizes too big????
    I manage to fit in my snacks but not always 3.

I dont ever feel hungry just weak and im losing weight.

Any advice would be wonderful.

Thank you x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Monkey and welcome to the losers bench – the one that nobody minds being on!

Your portion sizes sound fine to me. However, we are all different so please don’t take it as gospel. The most important thing at this stage is to take your multi-vitamin/mineral supplement, keep hydrated and get plenty of rest. Be kind to yourself. The first few weeks are all about letting your pouch settle down and you resting after major surgery. You are losing weight and that is the primary objective 😉 Well done you 🙂

Doodah x

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media