Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Oh no lactulose! !

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Oh guys I am in my second week of milk diet, and chemist was out of milk of magnesia. So instead I took lactulose, and now very worried I have jeopardised my diet :'(

tink1970

Lol u might me using loads of loo roll ….. Wouldn’t have theory that you had done any harm to the diet x…… But I would ask x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Sparklepumpkin 28579 wrote:

Oh guys I am in my second week of milk diet, and chemist was out of milk of magnesia. So instead I took lactulose, and now very worried I have jeopardised my diet :'(

I doubt you have done any harm whatsoever but if you are still worried, contact your team. It’s what they are there for and NO question is too daft! They have heard just about everything – believe me. Quite a bit of it from ME haha!

Doodah x

I now have fecal compaction 🙁

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

I can recomend Dulcolax suppositories and glysarol suppositories and yes use both, within 30 minutes you will be cleared out good and propper.

Also constipation is a good sign that you are not drinking enough fluids with your milk, two letres a day of water is the minimum you should be drinking.

Also a word of warning regarding the impaction, no mater how bad it gets don’t use anything to try and dig it out yourself. No spoons or pretending to be a constipated mathemetition any trying to work it out with a pencil and paper, if it gets too bad get yourself to the hospital.

Paul

Lol I haven’t tried “the pick and flick” method yet, but I am getting pretty desperate. Ok will get some dulcolax and I have some suppositories. The thing is, because I have such a dry mouth I am drinking about 4 litres. But I have all symptoms of dehydration headaches etc. Hmmmmmm, any idea? Xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Paul-H 28589 wrote:

Hi

I can recomend Dulcolax suppositories and glysarol suppositories and yes use both, within 30 minutes you will be cleared out good and propper.

Also constipation is a good sign that you are not drinking enough fluids with your milk, two letres a day of water is the minimum you should be drinking.

Also a word of warning regarding the impaction, no mater how bad it gets don’t use anything to try and dig it out yourself. No spoons or pretending to be a constipated mathemetition any trying to work it out with a pencil and paper, if it gets too bad get yourself to the hospital.

Paul

OMG I can’t believe I am going to admit this but I tried the spoon method. Ended up with anal fissures and a Uri Gellar spoon :-@

Please don’t do it no matter how desperate you are.

Doodah x

ps GP laughed when I told/showed her!!!! Good job I have known her all my life eh?

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Sparklepumpkin 28590 wrote:

Lol I haven’t tried “the pick and flick” method yet, but I am getting pretty desperate. Ok will get some dulcolax and I have some suppositories. The thing is, because I have such a dry mouth I am drinking about 4 litres. But I have all symptoms of dehydration headaches etc. Hmmmmmm, any idea? Xxx

‘Pick and flick’ hahahahaha! Oh my life I am wheezing with laughter at that!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Paul-H 28589 wrote:

Hi

Paul

Superb advice as usual Paul 😉

Doodah x

It’s funny the depths f desperation we get to!. I meant 4 pints of water not litres!. Well trying the suppositories tonight!. Fingers crossed (but not legs!) :-).

H x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hahaha! 4 litres would mean you’d never get off the loo – ever!

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Also a word of caution regarding water, try to just drink tap water as bottled mineral waters do not contain the correct levels of important minerals and salts and people have died from just drinking mineral water because of it.

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

Good advice again from Paul. Also, sipping allows you to keep everything ticking over rather than being flooded. We can’t glug down big volumes of liquid anymore. So no entering the yard of ale competition for you!

Doodah x

Thanks guys, Paul that worked a treat even kept me going for a few days!.
    I only drink squash anyway with tap water xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Glad you have seen some ‘movement’ Sparkle! there is not a lot worse than being constipated in my opinion. I once went 29 days. I was in hospital on drips with HG (what Kate Middleton had) – about as bad as it can be. I didn’t east or drink for almost 5 months. I had to have it ‘removed’. Worst thing I have ever had.

I am now totally paranoid about being ‘regular’! I have senna tablets on repeat prescription!

You must feel so much better 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media