Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Not lost weight for two weeks but I’m so happy

Home » Topics » Welcome to Streamline Surgical » Introductions to Weight Loss Chat Forum » Not lost weight for two weeks but I’m so happy

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Size 14 is fab size. It is below the national average for an adult woman. Most designers go to a 14 too.

Dog walking is excellent for exercise. It is also very sociable. I may not be so enthusiastic on days when the rain is torrential though as I too have a gun dog/working breed who thinks any puddle is fair game lol! I’m so glad your little dog is helping to heal the pain of the loss of your old beloved dog. We lost our Greyhound boy last year so our Choc Labrador is a bit lonely but almost getting used to being an ‘only child’.

Like you say, the gym isn’t the only option. Try everything once right?

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

So yesterday was 5 months post WLS . A funny old day as I went for a routine follow up appointment for sleep apnoea , and to give back my machine? . Since surgery my asthma has gone , and I know my sleep apnoea has as my hubby says I stopped snoring . But they want another sleep study which I understand then they will phone me with the results and if ok goodbye cpac machine . That was brilliant but for some weirded reason yesterday was a struggle .
    . I was a bit down the respiratory nurse who was really lovely , she said my last heart echo the aortic heart valve was sever. I think it was like she rained on my parade ! So I’m drawing a line in the sand today enjoying this moment and not going to think about future health worries I’m going to cross that bridge when I come to it .

Lauren
    Keymaster

Why do people do that? Pee on your chips (as we say) even when they are only stating the facts!

Good for you for refusing to let the future scare you. I know I won’t get any better in the future but I have learned not to think about it. I live for the day now. ‘Carpe Diem’ as they say. We also say ‘Jump off that bridge when we come to it’ when things are really bad and it always makes me giggle. I can find the humour in any situation – taught by the master: my Dad.

You have already done the hard work so sit back, kick back and fight back. You are one tough little cookie.

Doodah x

Hi Kimberly!
    Doodah is right!
    You are a tough cookie!
    Fighting back is what you must do.
    You have come so far- and yes some days are a struggle !
    Your skin is Glowing with health, and you are a me to be much more active than before the bypass.
    All positive.
    And think positive- I’m a firm believer that it helps to direct things in the right direction.
    No one has a guaranteed future- no one.
    Be the best that you can be every day and you will reach your dreams and goals of which you so deserve.
    Iv been going to the gym 3 times a week but it does knock out my energy levels for the day.
    I go though, because walking down the road to the gym makes me feel positive and free- the joy of movement , I say!!!
    And this little gym is lovely and simple and I enjoy it. No pool there though.��
    I invested in myself by buying some new support trainers for my walking on rough ground , and some smaller clothes now.��������
    I’m feeling the positive benefits now, they are closer for me to reach but often I feel that it is a daily fight staying on track especially when I’m bobbling along quite happily then wham!
    I feel as if I have bit a brick wall- my energy level drops and I feel I can’t do much more that day!
    Is this normal?
    Congratulations for being 5 months out!
    Remember how far you have come… You have had a lot to overcome health wise and you are proving to be a success!
    Have a lovely day!
    Julie xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Julie, you are such a little ray of sunshine in a sometimes cloudy world.

It is perfectly normal to have a little crash of energy after the gym or a vigorous walk. I guess our energy levels are a bit like a savings account – the more you take out the less interest you make! The hard bit is keeping the balance stable. Everything in life is about balance isn’t it? I for one find that a hard thing to maintain. I love my work so much that it often gets to the point that I quite literally cannot switch off! It is only after I am forced to not work that I realise all the other things I enjoy in life are of equal importance.

Losing weight is important – being healthy is more important. Some days that might mean resting. Or doing the absolute minimum. It takes time to realise that wls is a long haul journey, not a short one. Think of it like a cruise – a long journey but several new and interesting stops along the way: most of all to be enjoyed and savoured (which requires several time outs!)

We never stop learning.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

@830830 32010 wrote:

Hi Kimberly!
    Doodah is right!
    You are a tough cookie!
    Fighting back is what you must do.
    You have come so far- and yes some days are a struggle !
    Your skin is Glowing with health, and you are a me to be much more active than before the bypass.
    All positive.
    And think positive- I’m a firm believer that it helps to direct things in the right direction.
    No one has a guaranteed future- no one.
    Be the best that you can be every day and you will reach your dreams and goals of which you so deserve.
    Iv been going to the gym 3 times a week but it does knock out my energy levels for the day.
    I go though, because walking down the road to the gym makes me feel positive and free- the joy of movement , I say!!!
    And this little gym is lovely and simple and I enjoy it. No pool there though.��
    I invested in myself by buying some new support trainers for my walking on rough ground , and some smaller clothes now.��������
    I’m feeling the positive benefits now, they are closer for me to reach but often I feel that it is a daily fight staying on track especially when I’m bobbling along quite happily then wham!
    I feel as if I have bit a brick wall- my energy level drops and I feel I can’t do much more that day!
    Is this normal?
    Congratulations for being 5 months out!
    Remember how far you have come… You have had a lot to overcome health wise and you are proving to be a success!
    Have a lovely day!
    Julie xxxx

you are doing brilliantly and I’m soooo please you started buying mew clothes , because your worth it xxxx my energy level dipped when I up my exercise but it’s better now .thank you and doodah your very kind . Xx

Kimberly
    Participant

@Doodah 32008 wrote:

Why do people do that? Pee on your chips (as we say) even when they are only stating the facts!

Good for you for refusing to let the future scare you. I know I won’t get any better in the future but I have learned not to think about it. I live for the day now. ‘Carpe Diem’ as they say. We also say ‘Jump off that bridge when we come to it’ when things are really bad and it always makes me giggle. I can find the humour in any situation – taught by the master: my Dad.

You have already done the hard work so sit back, kick back and fight back. You are one tough little cookie.

Doodah x

thank you I have had a laugh because when I have to jump off. The bridge at least I be a lot lighter xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

You will float down so won’t hurt yourself!

Hi Doodah!
    It’s so nice to be able to encourage others on here and just put it out there- how it actually is!
    All be it from a personal experience- I hope whoever reads it , helps them too!
    Thank you for your reply Doodah, I like to post sometimes just to check I’m on the right track!
    I’ve lost 3 1/2. Stone since beginning of February and I’m very pleased with that- real changes are happening with me that I notice now!
    I’ll just carry on doing the same thing.
    I’m very happy, and I embrace my new routine .
    I’ll listen to my body and work the ole energy that way!
    Thanks again!
    Ta. Taa
    Julie x

Lauren
    Keymaster

“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” Right?

Doodah x

clairec

Hi,
    Well I seem to be losing again which is great and I have now lost slightly over 50 pounds in just under 12 weeks (just over 3 1/2 stone). More to the point my body shape has changed quite a bit and even I can see that I have lost. I have still got a really long way to go but I am really pleased that it is starting to happen. I also got my 7 stone award ( so I have now lost over 100 pounds in total) at my Slimming World group on Wednesday. I had lost some weight already before the surgery and the reason I decided to go forward with the surgery was because I was told that I wasn’t burning calories like other people do and I would put it all on again.. plus more.

I do still have a couple of dodgy days a week and the greatest problem is that I can’t predict when they will be, or even know that they are here until I eat something. I can’t really cope with eating on those days (but I do not throw up which is a huge bonus because I really HATE that) and I often have diarrhoea and feel really tired. However, that is pretty good in comparison with some people so I feel really lucky. I do not seem to dump, again in comparison with what I have been told, although things have got stuck and I have felt unwell after eating occasionally. I can seem to eat a wide range of foods, but not all of them will work on an every day basis. So really things are as good as they can be and the weight is coming off so I am pleased.

I just wanted to post something that might be reassuring but realistic to people who are making the decision to have surgery because I know that I found posts on here really helpful. If I had known how I would be doing at this stage before the surgery I would have been so pleased and much less worried. I know that not everyone worries beforehand but for me this was a positive thing because I think that I was thinking of the worst case scenario beforehand and have therefore been able to see everything in a positive light ever since. I did not have any obvious health problems before my surgery so I can’t say that I feel better in any way, though most people really do. So overall I suppose I can see less change in my day to day lives than most people, but it is starting to happen in terms of changing shape and losing weight.

My advice to people who have my way of thinking who are making the life changing decision to have wls would be prepare yourself thoroughly for what is ahead. I found that reading books, speaking to people and joining forums all gave me really useful information about people’s experiences. I was very aware that I wouldn’t experience all of these things but I felt as if I was making the decision knowing that they could happen then I was making the decision to go ahead knowing that any of them could happen to me. That made it possible to just tick off the positives on a day by day basis. My post op recovery was brilliant, no real pain and no sickness and I was up and about a few hours after my operation. I have taken it slowly in terms of introducing new foods and have always focused on having things that are as high in protein as possible. I keep a record so that I can see how my protein and calorie levels are on a daily basis. That is reassuring because I can see that the trend is where it should be, but I am not fanatical about it being absolutely ideal every day because on my more difficult days this is not possible. I have allowed myself some treats occasionally and I have also kept my social life up throughout. These things have been important to me. I have also found attending the group and sharing and responding to things on the forum really helpful and I have gained so much from other people.

I know that this would not be everyone’s approach though, but it has all helped me. We are all so different.
    Good luck if you are making the decision to have surgery now, you are joining a great group of people and Streamline Surgical is a great place to be.

Take care
    Claire

Lauren
    Keymaster

@clairec 32028 wrote:

Hi,
    Well I seem to be losing again which is great and I have now lost slightly over 50 pounds in just under 12 weeks (just over 3 1/2 stone). More to the point my body shape has changed quite a bit and even I can see that I have lost. I have still got a really long way to go but I am really pleased that it is starting to happen. I also got my 7 stone award ( so I have now lost over 100 pounds in total) at my Slimming World group on Wednesday. I had lost some weight already before the surgery and the reason I decided to go forward with the surgery was because I was told that I wasn’t burning calories like other people do and I would put it all on again.. plus more.

I do still have a couple of dodgy days a week and the greatest problem is that I can’t predict when they will be, or even know that they are here until I eat something. I can’t really cope with eating on those days (but I do not throw up which is a huge bonus because I really HATE that) and I often have diarrhoea and feel really tired. However, that is pretty good in comparison with some people so I feel really lucky. I do not seem to dump, again in comparison with what I have been told, although things have got stuck and I have felt unwell after eating occasionally. I can seem to eat a wide range of foods, but not all of them will work on an every day basis. So really things are as good as they can be and the weight is coming off so I am pleased.

I just wanted to post something that might be reassuring but realistic to people who are making the decision to have surgery because I know that I found posts on here really helpful. If I had known how I would be doing at this stage before the surgery I would have been so pleased and much less worried. I know that not everyone worries beforehand but for me this was a positive thing because I think that I was thinking of the worst case scenario beforehand and have therefore been able to see everything in a positive light ever since. I did not have any obvious health problems before my surgery so I can’t say that I feel better in any way, though most people really do. So overall I suppose I can see less change in my day to day lives than most people, but it is starting to happen in terms of changing shape and losing weight.

My advice to people who have my way of thinking who are making the life changing decision to have wls would be prepare yourself thoroughly for what is ahead. I found that reading books, speaking to people and joining forums all gave me really useful information about people’s experiences. I was very aware that I wouldn’t experience all of these things but I felt as if I was making the decision knowing that they could happen then I was making the decision to go ahead knowing that any of them could happen to me. That made it possible to just tick off the positives on a day by day basis. My post op recovery was brilliant, no real pain and no sickness and I was up and about a few hours after my operation. I have taken it slowly in terms of introducing new foods and have always focused on having things that are as high in protein as possible. I keep a record so that I can see how my protein and calorie levels are on a daily basis. That is reassuring because I can see that the trend is where it should be, but I am not fanatical about it being absolutely ideal every day because on my more difficult days this is not possible. I have allowed myself some treats occasionally and I have also kept my social life up throughout. These things have been important to me. I have also found attending the group and sharing and responding to things on the forum really helpful and I have gained so much from other people.

I know that this would not be everyone’s approach though, but it has all helped me. We are all so different.
    Good luck if you are making the decision to have surgery now, you are joining a great group of people and Streamline Surgical is a great place to be.

Take care
    Claire

Hi Claire

Thank you SO much for this marvellously candid and positive post.

My goodness you are doing well! I can’t tell you how happy I am for you. You have become a valued and much loved member of the group in such a short space of time. Your methodical approach to everything certainly resonates with me. I like order and routine in my life so I too kept a food diary for years.

Again, thank you for being such a positive influence both on this forum and in the support group. Hope you have a fabulous long weekend!

Doodah x

clairec

Hi Doodah,
    Thanks so much for your kind comments. I feel very much at home with everyone and have done since i was viewing all your posts from the sidekines before i met you all. You just know like minded people don’t you! Viewing all your posts in the middle of the night from America on what felt to me like my last holiday ever… was so helpful.
    You have a good weekend too and take care, you are so precious to us all.
    Claire xx

clairec

Hi Doodah,
    Thanks so much for your kind comments. I feel very much at home with everyone and have done since i was viewing all your posts from the sidekines before i met you all. You just know like minded people don’t you! Viewing all your posts in the middle of the night from America on what felt to me like my last holiday ever… was so helpful.
    You have a good weekend too and take care, you are so precious to us all.
    Claire xx

Kimberly
    Participant

@clairec 32028 wrote:

Hi,

Take care
    Claire

wow 3 and Half stone that’s amazing Claire , I really admire you because I know you have rough days but you have such a positive attitude and also lovely sparkly rings xx

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media