Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Not lost weight for two weeks but I’m so happy

Home » Topics » Welcome to Streamline Surgical » Introductions to Weight Loss Chat Forum » Not lost weight for two weeks but I’m so happy

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Kimberly
    Participant

So I haven’t lost any weight for just over two weeks , but am I upset , disappointed , No way because I been buying the same trousers from Sainsbury for three months just going down a size ( they do short leg ) I brought size 20, 18, 16, and I just brought a size 14 yes you heard me size 14 , I brought them thinking they might fit in a few weeks .but I can get them over my hip and do the waist band button up !!!!! , they are a bit snug but that’s ok because their a size 14 . And I brought a new swimming costume in a size 14 which I can get into as well I know it may seem strange buying the same style and make of clothes but just going down a size , I’m short but hippy so I have always needed wide leg trousers and I like the swimming costume . So here kimberley size 14 trousers was in size 28 Evans 5 months ago .

Lauren
    Keymaster

Sorry, what size did you say they were Kim? 14? Say that again please…Oh, size FOURTEEN!

You must be absolutely thrilled. Same size as me in some things – in 5 months. Can’t be bad can it? I’m as happy as Larry with being a 14 – what more could a woman of a certain age want than to be a size FOURTEEN!

I’m delighted for you and it just goes to prove that it isn’t always about the pounds lost – inches count just as much.

Doodah x

Hi Doodah!
    I hope you are feeling better after your breathing difficulties- hopefully the rain will clear the dust!
    Today I poked my head in a local ladies gym, I was impressed.
    I have been walking regularly and feel its time to take it to the next level.
    I am eating normal food now, still using the ramekin dish.
    I’ve been eating a bit more to try and get the protein in.
    My trousers are deffinately getting baggy now!
    Kimberly has done very well with her downsizing!!
    Julie xx

Kimberly
    Participant

@Doodah 31851 wrote:

Sorry, what size did you say they were Kim? 14? Say that again please…Oh, size FOURTEEN!

You must be absolutely thrilled. Same size as me in some things – in 5 months. Can’t be bad can it? I’m as happy as Larry with being a 14 – what more could a woman of a certain age want than to be a size FOURTEEN!

I’m delighted for you and it just goes to prove that it isn’t always about the pounds lost – inches count just as much.

Doodah x

its only one style but my goodness I never thought I would be buying them and being able to put them on in just over four months !!! Your so right about about not being focussing in the scales doodah . I have found that the scales were effecting me , it seemed that my emotional well being was being determined by the scales , it’s like the scales took over from food , if you get what I mean . the aqua aerobics must be working

Kimberly
    Participant

@830830 31852 wrote:

Hi Doodah!
    I hope you are feeling better after your breathing difficulties- hopefully the rain will clear the dust!
    Julie xx

Isn’t it nice to have baggy trousers ! Well done you are so good at your walking now , hope it’s a nice gym , what do you fancy doing in the future ? For example I would love to do Zumba and Pilates and body combat , but I know I’m not fit enough yet , but the gym I joined has these classes that I will access later on . What would you like to do , the world our oyster now , we not limited we can try out loads of different actitivites . All though silent dreams we had but never been able to acknowledge let alone verbalise them I can almost begin to imagine myself …….. Not brave enough yet to say yet

Morning Kimberly!
    You are a star you have worked so hard to get to this point!
    You have taken the next step in that you now really trust your surgery and don’t care about the dictatorship of the scales which so often arnt on our side!
    I’m still weighing and I hope after a certain point and I have a point in mind- that I will follow you there .
    Exercise wise I like low impact , bums- tums, aquaaerobics, circuit training, anything to music.
    To be truthful I’m scared of making the gym commitment, I might fail and not do what I want to do .
    It is a ladies gym quite small/friendly and reasonable. No pool but within walking distance weather permitting.
    It could be a bit of a laugh!
    Sometimes my daily stuff gets me down and I feel I should be dealing with all of that instead of going to the gym.
    What am I like?
    I’m into my walking though.
    I’m finding it hard to meet the protein target each day- so I went through my what will I eat list- being strict vegan now, and wrote a list of protein values per serving on everything that I would potentially eat.
    I still feel I will fall short. I’m using a little soya protein powder. It boosts it to 40g with a little soya milk.
    I will try and cut that down if my list system helps me reach a better protein total!
    Hay ho, the things we do!!
    Keep up the fab work Kimberly, I’m delighted for you!
    Julie xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 31853 wrote:

its only one style but my goodness I never thought I would be buying them and being able to put them on in just over four months !!! Your so right about about not being focussing in the scales doodah . I have found that the scales were effecting me , it seemed that my emotional well being was being determined by the scales , it’s like the scales took over from food , if you get what I mean . the aqua aerobics must be working

In the beginning, it is about the numbers on the scales as we want proof that the surgery is doing it’s job as we are doing our part! Then comes a plateau. We panic. But our poor little bodies have been working flat out for us and we want them to keep going at that pace. That would be like asking a 100m sprinter to run a marathon at the same speed all the way though – it is impossible!

Your body might be having a rest weight wise but it still works for you – but with inches. When we exercise we build muscle which is ‘heavier’ than fat. This can then make us think we are not changing. We are. We are building some lovely lean muscle which will then help us to start burning fat again. In the meantime, lovely, lovely inches leave.

Your post is so inspiring as it proves the point exactly – it’s not about what it says on the scales but how you feel. We all choose different goals weight wise and we should never compete with anyone else who chooses a lower one. That leads to dissatisfaction which is a whole new minefield!

I’m so happy for and proud of you Kim. Who would have thought it this time last year….

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@830830 31852 wrote:

Hi Doodah!
    Julie xx

Hi Julie aka baggy pants!

It’s fantastic that you have now moved on to the next stage food wise. It helps to keep us focused doesn’t it? Do you think you will join that gym? I used to LOVE going to the gym but my breathing problems have made it so much harder for me now that it is not worth the monthly fee. I have my gym standard exercise bike that I pop onto when I’m having a good days so all is not lost!

Protein is hard for we vegetarians isn’t it. My best friends are nuts, seeds, pulses and spinach. My fave thing is a chick pea salad with rocket, watercress and spinach. YUM! Tiny bit to chilly to be eating salad at the moment though lol!

Anyway, if you join the gym, don’t forget to either buy some new trousers in a smaller size or some braces to keep up the ones you’ve got as you are exercising haha!

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

@830830 31856 wrote:

Morning Kimberly!
    You are a star you have worked so hard to get to this point!
    You have taken the next step in that you now really trust your surgery and don’t care about the dictatorship of the scales which so often arnt on our side!
    I’m still weighing and I hope after a certain point and I have a point in mind- that I will follow you there .
    Exercise wise I like low impact , bums- tums, aquaaerobics, circuit training, anything to music.
    To be truthful I’m scared of making the gym commitment, I might fail and not do what I want to do .
    It is a ladies gym quite small/friendly and reasonable. No pool but within walking distance weather permitting.
    It could be a bit of a laugh!
    Sometimes my daily stuff gets me down and I feel I should be dealing with all of that instead of going to the gym.
    What am I like?
    I’m into my walking though.
    I’m finding it hard to meet the protein target each day- so I went through my what will I eat list- being strict vegan now, and wrote a list of protein values per serving on everything that I would potentially eat.
    I still feel I will fall short. I’m using a little soya protein powder. It boosts it to 40g with a little soya milk.
    I will try and cut that down if my list system helps me reach a better protein total!
    Hay ho, the things we do!!
    Keep up the fab work Kimberly, I’m delighted for you!
    Julie xxxx

good morning my lovely it sounds like we like the same things with music . Shame we don’t live closer we could,have done some clases together . I’m scared of the gym when I went for a private half hour with the cardiac trainer I was lightheaded and a bit dizzy it scared me . But I changed gym told the man who screened me how scared I was and he said he stay with me first time once my GP gives a letter saying my heart ok . I told him I thought gym were for healthy slim people , he said most of the healthy people are on the streets running cycling sailing ect . Made me think . I finding it hard to get the protein in and I eat meat . But to be honest it’s difficult to digest and I’m finding vegetarian food easier . I’m stuck on cauliflower cheese, mac and cheese . Then I was thinking that cheese sauce is too of fatty and not good eating habits . If you eat nut three times a day would that help and what about that peanut powder could you add that to drinks or yogurts . Had the dietion come up with helpful advice as they are the experts ! .
    And as for the daily stuff my lovely looking after our self is the most important thing we have to do at this moment in time . The rest can wait but we are the priority , I know we find this difficult . I’m trying to see it like taking antibiotics you know you got to keep taking them to the end of the course or they don’t work so well and you build up resistance . We haven’t finished yet we still got lots to do xxxx

Kimberly
    Participant

@Doodah 31857 wrote:

In the beginning, it is about the numbers on the scales as we want proof that the surgery is doing it’s job as we are doing our part! Then comes a plateau. We panic. But our poor little bodies have been working flat out for us and we want them to keep going at that pace. That would be like asking a 100m sprinter to run a marathon at the same speed all the way though – it is impossible!

Your body might be having a rest weight wise but it still works for you – but with inches. When we exercise we build muscle which is ‘heavier’ than fat. This can then make us think we are not changing. We are. We are building some lovely lean muscle which will then help us to start burning fat again. In the meantime, lovely, lovely inches leave.

Your post is so inspiring as it proves the point exactly – it’s not about what it says on the scales but how you feel. We all choose different goals weight wise and we should never compete with anyone else who chooses a lower one. That leads to dissatisfaction which is a whole new minefield!

I’m so happy for and proud of you Kim. Who would have thought it this time last year….

Doodah x

well doodah I haven’t exercise in 40 years so it’s been interesting for my body , and I’m enjoying it . I don’t think I had any muscle it was all fat so building muscle and getting some core muscle is important for me . And as you said it’s a miracle really this time last year I was stuck indoors unable to clean my house wash my windows and now I’m going for it in a swimming pool jumping up and down four times a week . I’m out visiting people and I’m happy . I’m was this size three years ago which was the lowest I had been for 20 years . Any thing else after this is a bonus as far as I’m concerned I see what happens but if nothing does then it doesn’t matter . I’m alive happy and defiantly healthier than I have been in years that’s what important .

Hi Doodah!
    It is such a lot for our heads to get round- eating and food shopping differently, taking more exercise, joining a gym, and accepting that we have every right to be there…
    I really want to join the gym but making that commitment to myself is very hard. I am very hard on myself, I guess.
    I do enjoy it too!
    I’m still looking for ideas to increase my protein daily intake, I had 25g sunflower/ pumpkin seeds today- 6g protein it gave me- and tomorrow I will try some nuts, I’ll start with cashews. I hope it won’t make me constipated! This is how my brain works!
    Kim mentioned some peanut powder to stir in, where would I get that from? I like the sound of that because the name of the game isn’t bulk eating to achieve the daily protein totals, but clever hidden, non bulky ways of getting the protein down us, isn’t it? I don’t need to eat a lot- I think I want to eat a lot, I am certainly eating a lot less and feel satisfied with that for sure, but it is still very confusing- early days I guess!
    I work at it every day keeping on track and maximising what I can do energy permitting. My energy has been ok since eating a bit more.
    Now I hope it’s not too much!
    I have 2 snacks a day which is hard to do. I don’t feel hungry enough really but I try something different all the time.
    I’ve got a wardrobe full of all sizes from over the years, so I can find something to workout in!
    I just sold a lot of clothes on EBay , which I am very pleased about- I’m saving up for new clothes a bit further down the line.
    Now I have space in my wardrobe!
    This week I have been trying out Carols recipes when I can- it felt good go do a normal food shop with some veggies in the fridge. I felt normal again , cooking almost normally.!
    I feel that I have taken the reigns of experimenting with foods to eat now, it makes me happy. I think I know what I am doing and I certainly know why I’m doing it!
    Time will tell…
    I figured that if it gives wrong and gives the wrong result- I will stop and review what I have been eating and tweek it.
    It’s all I can do.
    40lb off since February, I’m happy with that, and I’m wearing clothes that I could not wear last year cos they did not fit.
    Well that’s my update, and thank you for your support.
    Julie xx

Hi Kimberly!
    Thank you for your post.
    You sound just like me!
    It will take a hurculean moment for me to leave my house and get out there to a gym, but I know that moment is coming.
    I just hope that it is a good experience!
    I like to exercise/walk to music.
    It would be fab if we did live nearer we could really support each other on the gym front!
    This peanut powder, where can I get it from? I like the sound of that!
    Cheese sauce added to our meals are a good idea as it is good for the consistency and adds lots of protein to our meals, Yummi and good for us! I add it where I can. It gives about 6g protein made up with milk I think!
    I had a Jket potato and feta cheese out today with my son. I ate the fluffy bit of the potato- no Jket.
    It is so nice to be able to do that !
    Tonight I had tofu stir fry with stir fry veggies, they were hard to eat but I cooked them well in some Bariatric tekki yekki sauce, I call it!
    You are doing so well Kimberly.
    Julie xxx

Kimberly
    Participant

Julie box mentioned it on her post as she talked about increasing her protein levels , glad your feeling good , not long till next week group x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@830830 31869 wrote:

Hi Doodah!
    It is such a lot for our heads to get round- eating and food shopping differently, taking more exercise, joining a gym, and accepting that we have every right to be there…
    I really want to join the gym but making that commitment to myself is very hard. I am very hard on myself, I guess.
    I do enjoy it too!
    I’m still looking for ideas to increase my protein daily intake, I had 25g sunflower/ pumpkin seeds today- 6g protein it gave me- and tomorrow I will try some nuts, I’ll start with cashews. I hope it won’t make me constipated! This is how my brain works!
    Kim mentioned some peanut powder to stir in, where would I get that from? I like the sound of that because the name of the game isn’t bulk eating to achieve the daily protein totals, but clever hidden, non bulky ways of getting the protein down us, isn’t it? I don’t need to eat a lot- I think I want to eat a lot, I am certainly eating a lot less and feel satisfied with that for sure, but it is still very confusing- early days I guess!
    I work at it every day keeping on track and maximising what I can do energy permitting. My energy has been ok since eating a bit more.
    Now I hope it’s not too much!
    I have 2 snacks a day which is hard to do. I don’t feel hungry enough really but I try something different all the time.
    I’ve got a wardrobe full of all sizes from over the years, so I can find something to workout in!
    I just sold a lot of clothes on EBay , which I am very pleased about- I’m saving up for new clothes a bit further down the line.
    Now I have space in my wardrobe!
    This week I have been trying out Carols recipes when I can- it felt good go do a normal food shop with some veggies in the fridge. I felt normal again , cooking almost normally.!
    I feel that I have taken the reigns of experimenting with foods to eat now, it makes me happy. I think I know what I am doing and I certainly know why I’m doing it!
    Time will tell…
    I figured that if it gives wrong and gives the wrong result- I will stop and review what I have been eating and tweek it.
    It’s all I can do.
    40lb off since February, I’m happy with that, and I’m wearing clothes that I could not wear last year cos they did not fit.
    Well that’s my update, and thank you for your support.
    Julie xx

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter-6-5/dp/B002GJ9JWS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1395136971&sr=8-2&keywords=pb2+powdered+peanut+butter

There you go my lovely Julie.

I started going to the gym very, very soon after my wls but was incredibly limited to what equipment I could use for a long, long time. The staff were amazing and offered me help and advice every step of the way. I didn’t experience any negativity, in fact, quite the opposite. It was quite literally liberating to be freed from the prison of obesity.

I still can’t use a rowing machine or the skiing thingy (no clue what it is called haha!) as my physical limitations prevent it but what I am able to use I enjoy immensely. I started aqua fit as soon as my wound was healed and told the instructor about my surgery so that she didn’t think I just wasn’t making any effort. I can’t tell you how wonderful it felt to be supported by the water and be pain free almost just for an hour. It was even better when I had eventually lost enough weight that I didn’t feel crushed by my own weight when I got out of the pool at the end of the session.

Anyway, only YOU will know when the time is right for you to take that step 😉

Doodah x

Thanks Doodah for that- I think you were very brave to go so soon and try things out.
    Thank you for the beaut butter powder link.
    Have a fab day.
    Julie xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media