Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

noisy belly

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

hi guys, I am 9 months post op (bypass) and have lost 8 stone. I have always had somewhat of a noisy digestive system but the last few weeks it seems to have got ridiculous! everytime i eat or drink or spend hours with my stomach talking to me, some nights i end up going to bed early as my husband can barely hear the tv over it. Has anyone else experienced similar? Katie x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

Yep mine is like that as well, especially when I first go to bed. So hopefully its quite normal, or we both have the same problem, 🙂

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Katie. Yep, I’m the same: especially after a cup of tea so, as anyone who knows me knows, that’s pretty much all day long! Mine isn’t too bad during the night but even if it were, it would not be heard over my husband’s monumental snoring. It might be an idea not to eat or drink after a certain time? Or a given amount of time before you go to bed if you have a regular sleep time.

It’s perfectly normal and just another of the little ‘delights’ of wls 😉

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi Sue, You ever had your Old man tested for Sleep Apnoea, I used to snore like a warthog when I had it, and now my weight has gone so has my Apnoea and I am a totally silent sleeper now, so much so that at first the wife used to wake me up because I was so quiet she thought I was dead.

What’s his neck measurement, I was told anyone with neck size 18″ or bigger will almost certainly have Apnoea.

Paul

katy

Hello,

my tummy is really noisy too. My partner says that I ‘creak’ which sounds pretty accurate. Mine is particularly noisy after hot drinks too, particularly tea!
    I guess it’s all perfectly normal although it can be a bit embarrassing when it starts up in public!

Katy

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Paul-H 27189 wrote:

Hi Sue, You ever had your Old man tested for Sleep Apnoea, I used to snore like a warthog when I had it, and now my weight has gone so has my Apnoea and I am a totally silent sleeper now, so much so that at first the wife used to wake me up because I was so quiet she thought I was dead.

What’s his neck measurement, I was told anyone with neck size 18″ or bigger will almost certainly have Apnoea.

Paul

If only it were that simple Paul.

Hubby has had sleep apnoea test (negative) sinus drain, operation on a devaited septum and has tried goodness knows how many other things. Absolutely none of them have worked. He is a bit overweight but not much. Collar 16″. He is of large build (broad shoulders, thick neck, big feet and thighs like a scrum half) but not fat.

If anyone were to come up with an answer you would hear me cheer from Southampton!

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@katy 27190 wrote:

Hello,

my tummy is really noisy too. My partner says that I ‘creak’ which sounds pretty accurate. Mine is particularly noisy after hot drinks too, particularly tea!
    I guess it’s all perfectly normal although it can be a bit embarrassing when it starts up in public!

Katy

I’m lucky that all my colleagues work within the wls industry so it doesn’t even register with them. However, when I’m out and about I sometimes get the odd ‘look’ haha!

I have found the best response is ‘Ooh, hark at me!’ hahaha!

Doodah x

janie61

I like my gurgling noisy tummy, it means that the food isn’t stuck. No noise then beware …

jansus28

And yes I know it’s a great feeling as the food is being digested !!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Very good point! At least it isn’t sitting in there clogging up our systems. Yuk!

Doodah z

Ganny
    Participant

Hi,
    My tummy is very noisy as well, after most meals and drinks, but I quite like it talking to me, but my poor three year old grandaughter got really concerned for me. The last time I was staying with my son, my grandaughter had crept into bed with me in the early hours of the morning and being woken up my tummy decided it would talk to me, Ettie (the grandaughter) sat up in bed and said “are you hungry granny”, “no” I replied, all silent again then the tummy started again, up sat Ettie again “are you sure you are not hungry”, “no” I replied “it is just my talking to me”. Ettie came back with “whats it saying,does it want some cereal”, ” no I don’t think it does” says me,”well can you tell it to be quiet as I am trying to sleep here” says Ettie and that was me and my tummy told.
    Elaine xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Ganny 27225 wrote:

Hi,
    My tummy is very noisy as well, after most meals and drinks, but I quite like it talking to me, but my poor three year old grandaughter got really concerned for me. The last time I was staying with my son, my grandaughter had crept into bed with me in the early hours of the morning and being woken up my tummy decided it would talk to me, Ettie (the grandaughter) sat up in bed and said “are you hungry granny”, “no” I replied, all silent again then the tummy started again, up sat Ettie again “are you sure you are not hungry”, “no” I replied “it is just my talking to me”. Ettie came back with “whats it saying,does it want some cereal”, ” no I don’t think it does” says me,”well can you tell it to be quiet as I am trying to sleep here” says Ettie and that was me and my tummy told.
    Elaine xx

Oh Elaine, that is absolutely adorable. What a sweet little girl she is to be so concerned for you. Love how, once she had established that you were not in any discomfort, she wanted it to shut up lol!

That’s what I love about children – their sentiments are confined to the immediate problem/dilemma. they don’t waste time worrying about things that have or may possibly happen. I wonder at what age we stop doing it? Children and animals live in the moment: I think we could all learn a few lessons from them!

Anonymous

Mine is talking right now… lol! always talking to me. Maybe we could go on Britons Got Talent as a tummy choir! lol.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@kimstreak 27277 wrote:

Mine is talking right now… lol! always talking to me. Maybe we could go on Britons Got Talent as a tummy choir! lol.

HAHAHA!! That actually made me laugh out loud! It’s good to have you back :-))

Doodah x

Anonymous

Glad I can still make people laugh 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media