Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

No weight loss for a month :0(

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi there,

Had my gastric band on the 4th October, lost 10lb on milk diet and first two weeks, since then nothing!

Feeling very disheartened

Going for my 4th fill Friday got 2.75ml in at the moment – Richard has told me slow and steady to get to your sweet spot but a month and no loss!?

Tina x

Anonymous

Anyone else had a similar situation??

treeza

Hi Tina where do you live? x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@tina* 30072 wrote:

Hi there,

Had my gastric band on the 4th October, lost 10lb on milk diet and first two weeks, since then nothing!

Feeling very disheartened

Going for my 4th fill Friday got 2.75ml in at the moment – Richard has told me slow and steady to get to your sweet spot but a month and no loss!?

Tina x

Hi Tina

If you are only a matter of weeks after your band then it is absolutely normal.

You only have 2.75mls in so you have a long way to go. Most people have between 5 and 6 in to get to the sweet spot. Band weight loss is much slower than bypass or sleeve so please be patient. Also, you may still be swollen form surgery internally so Richard is right to tell you to slow and steady.

I know this is probably not what you want to hear but I bet any bandster would tell you the same – bypassers are the hares and bandsters are the tortoises – we all get there in the end! I have very close friends who have been exactly where you are now and are now 4/5/6/7 stones lighter after 10 months!

Just keep going – it will happen 😉

Doodah x

Anonymous

Thank you Doodah xx

Anonymous

@treeza 30080 wrote:

Hi Tina where do you live? x

I’m in guildford Treeza x

Hi Tina

Keep your chin up hun, I had my first fill on 31st October 2.5 ml and I already had 1ml in so that took it up to 3.5 ml then have just had another fill on 26th of 1.5ml and I can certainly feel a restriction now……from my first fill to my second fill I didn’t loose anything until 2 days before my fill then I miraculously lost 7lb!!!

I have a1/3 rd of a dish of special k for breakfast
    A tuna wrap for lunch
    For tea served on a small plate a florette of broccolli a florette of cauli about 4 little boiled potatoes and chicken leg or lamb chop etc with gravy.

I always stick to the small plate for portion size and eat veg and meat most nights!

If I’m hungry mid evening I might have a bag of quavers or a couple of cracker wheats!!

Hope this helps!!

But don’t be so hard on yourself 10lb off is better than 10lb on!!

Our body’s have to also get used to what is going on too!! And also I find sometimes I’m not eating enough so my body clings on to everything so sometimes its better to eat just a little bit more as long as its healthy!

My total weight loss so far is 2 stone 4 but it has slowed right down but I’m happy for it to be slower its better for the body.

I have sent you an inbox hun

Keep positive and remember give it time

Lisa xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@flutterbylilly 30120 wrote:

Hi Tina

Keep your chin up hun, I had my first fill on 31st October 2.5 ml and I already had 1ml in so that took it up to 3.5 ml then have just had another fill on 26th of 1.5ml and I can certainly feel a restriction now……from my first fill to my second fill I didn’t loose anything until 2 days before my fill then I miraculously lost 7lb!!!

I have a1/3 rd of a dish of special k for breakfast
    A tuna wrap for lunch
    For tea served on a small plate a florette of broccolli a florette of cauli about 4 little boiled potatoes and chicken leg or lamb chop etc with gravy.

I always stick to the small plate for portion size and eat veg and meat most nights!

If I’m hungry mid evening I might have a bag of quavers or a couple of cracker wheats!!

Hope this helps!!

But don’t be so hard on yourself 10lb off is better than 10lb on!!

Our body’s have to also get used to what is going on too!! And also I find sometimes I’m not eating enough so my body clings on to everything so sometimes its better to eat just a little bit more as long as its healthy!

My total weight loss so far is 2 stone 4 but it has slowed right down but I’m happy for it to be slower its better for the body.

I have sent you an inbox hun

Keep positive and remember give it time

Lisa xx

BRILLIANT advice and support Lisa. Thanks so much xx

I would reiterate everything you said to flutterbylily, except for the Quavers. They have no nutritional value whatsoever and Shaw calls them (all crisps) ‘The devil’s food’! My snack food of choice was plain popcorn. I now have a small packet of Twiglets if I need a snack. – lots of B vitamins!

I absolutely love how we all support each other on here. The wls journey is not an easy one so it is great that we have hands to hold along the way to stop us from stumbling or falling.

Doodah x

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media