Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

no pineapple

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ruby tuesday

Just thought I would let you know what I found out last night. I was well initially after my op, eating ok, and after a while, constantly nauseous. I had been ocassionally having juice, diluted in water, as it is listed on my allowed foods sheet, and helps process iron.

What I didn’t know was; we are not to have pineapple juice as it irritates the new joins and inflames them. The surgeon says they sometimes recommend having it a year down the line to help dissolve stuck meat, but at this stage, it is totally the wrong thing to have.

So, that explains why I have had pain with every bit of fluid or food, and I now have anti acids twice daily and must stay on sloppies (which I hadn’t managed to come off anyway)!

Thought it was important to let people know, in case anyone else happens to not be a juice fan, but like pineapple!

kathc

Wow how interesting very important info surprised we are not told ! Glad you are ok .

Katherine

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

luckyflower

Thank you for info its amazing I have read loads in prep for WLS but did not know this!

Irene

OMG I never knew that. I feel bad as I was advocating pineapple juice.
    Hope you feel better soon
    xx

tinkly_roars

@ruby tuesday 19293 wrote:

Just thought I would let you know what I found out last night. I was well initially after my op, eating ok, and after a while, constantly nauseous. I had been ocassionally having juice, diluted in water, as it is listed on my allowed foods sheet, and helps process iron.

What I didn’t know was; we are not to have pineapple juice as it irritates the new joins and inflames them. The surgeon says they sometimes recommend having it a year down the line to help dissolve stuck meat, but at this stage, it is totally the wrong thing to have.

So, that explains why I have had pain with every bit of fluid or food, and I now have anti acids twice daily and must stay on sloppies (which I hadn’t managed to come off anyway)!

Thought it was important to let people know, in case anyone else happens to not be a juice fan, but like pineapple!

Crikey!! I’d not heard that either.

I really hope this makes a difference for you and you start to feel better and can up your intake of food and fluid now.

Take care and hope to see you soon
    Tinks xx

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Ruby

Did not know that, I have had fresh pineapple and had a bad reaction but not pineapple juice, but thinking about it I suppose, after my reaction to the fresh fruit it makes a heck of a lot of sense, thanks for the tip.

Hope your feeling better soon, if it helps I was nauseaus a lot of the time when I was on sloppies but it did pass just hang in there, it does get better.

Lots of love
    Lesley
    xx

ruby tuesday

Dear Lesley,

I gather the fresh/tinned pineapple pieces are too fiberous, and hard to get down, although I had managed some in cottage cheese, but it is a shame, I love the taste! Not sure whether to try something else juice wise, so havn’t done so far. xx

Pinkdancer

Hi Ruby,

Are you feeling a bit better now? I really hope so. Sending hugs and see you next wednesday 28th. xx

ruby tuesday

Do feel better, yaye, look forward to seeing you too, and hope you are well despite being busy packing off the last daughter!! xx

Pinkdancer

Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better, so pleased.

Yes we take Poppy tomorrow, was a bit sad tonight when she was going though the few bits she is leaving behind here. Not quite sure how I will be feeling after we drop her off as don’t know when she is coming home yet. Have to see when she is working and her timetable etc. I may go up to see her in a few weeks maybe. It is all starting to feel very strange. I started trying for a baby when I was 19 and was 21 when I had Laura and now she is in Dubai and Pops will be gone tomorrow so a whole new life starting. They were all I every wanted so just hoping I don’t get empty nest syndrome – LOL.

Doodah
    Keymaster

Glad I don’t like it!! xx

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media