Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

No news yet

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    katy

I had my operation cancelled last week during the ‘issues’ at St Richards. I was hoping for news after the service restarted on Thursday but nothing yet.
    I can feel myself getting more and more frustrated as I am desperate to get this sorted out as soon as possible. My partner needs to take time off work, I need to organise another hotel for the night before and to top it all off it’s my birthday soon and I have organised to celebrate with friends and I don’t know whether to cancel or not. I know that pre and post op clinics are running but the bariatric office have no date for me yet. I know I shouldn’t get angry but it’s so hard when you just want to be able to get on with your life 🙁 x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Katy.

You have every right to feel miffed – I would too. However, try to be philosophical about it: it will happen at the right time. ‘Good things come to those who wait’ and all that…

It’s so difficult to see things like that when you have the bit between your teeth but it really is true. At my age, I have learnt to step back from situations and find the positives amongst the negatives. Maybe you were meant to celebrate with your friends for your birthday? ‘If’ is half of life so it’s not worth fretting about the things over which we have no control.

Keep phoning for updates as things can change quickly and please keep in touch to let us know how things are proceeding.

Doodah x

Liz Sage

Im in the same boat as Katy, had last weeks op cancelled. All i have got from St Richards this morning is to wait till the end of the week, as Doctors have other commitments of which i obviously am not one of. Its not like im waiting for an ingrown toenail to me removed, this is life changing surgery which could save the NHS a small fortune. I can honestly say that i feel like im going mad, i feel totally let down, hurt and angry. Im sick of hearing the word sorry when it doesnt come with an explaination. I know that im not on my own but it really does feel that way at times. OK Rant over. SORRY

Doodah
    Keymaster

Liz, rant away! It’s what this place is for. You are amongst friends who understand everything you are going through.
    Doodah x

katy

Hey all
    Thanks for words of support, I think the anger comes from being kept in the dark. My life has been put on hold for this surgery. I have been unable to work for months now and in addition to the bypass, I am having spinal surgery this year. I have put this on hold to have the bypass first so I will be in a better position to spend hours on the operating table and also to recover more quickly. All this waiting keeps me off work for longer which is very difficult to cope with and I guess being at home by myself a lot gives me more time to think and more time to get frustrated!!
    I’m usually ‘a glass half full’ kinda girl but it’s draining quick!!
    X

Doodah
    Keymaster

Katy, where are you? Do you live close enough to any of our support groups to come along if you can? You would be made SO welcome and at least you could get out and about and meet people who are going through/have gone through the same thing. I really do feel for you. I know how it feels to keep being knocked back. Please don’t ever think you are alone – you really aren’t.

Doodah xx

katy

Hey doodah
    Thanks for your advice. I was going to go along to the support group in ringmer last Thursday but it was cancelled. I live in Brighton and I have heard there is another group in shoreham but I am not sure of dates etc.
    Katy x

Doodah
    Keymaster

SHOREHAM SUPPORT GROUP

The Waterside Inn,
    Ferry Road, Bray,
    Berkshire SL6 2AT

Lisa Burton: 07526 421619
    Vicki Melville-Read: 07519601071
    lisa.vegas@hotmail.com
    meet 2nd Monday of every month
    from 7.30pm

There you go Katy 😉

Doodah xx

katy

Thanks so much for that. I’ll go along to the next meeting.
    I called again today and got asked to stop calling!! It’s so bloody upsetting, I keep being given different reasons as to why I have not been re booked so I don’t know what to believe…. X

Doodah
    Keymaster

What? They told you to stop phoning? What ‘reasons’ have you been given then? That’s so unfair on you.

Doodah x

Liz Sage

Hi , i had a call from St Richards earlier today and been given a new date…..Monday the 13th. Im so excited.
    KATY, i really do hope that you recieve the same good news. Let me know.
    Take Care All and thanks for the positive support xx

katy

Good news this end too! After being told to ‘stop calling’ this morning with reasons ranging from lack of surgeons to no theatre space, i was phoned this afternoon and told that I am re booked for the 5th march. I know it’s a few weeks away but this is perfect for me as I can celebrate my birthday on the 16th and sing at a wedding I was asked to do on the 27th. Happy days!!! Xx

Soooo please for you guys !! yay xxx

kathc

Pleased you have dates . That’s the hard big being in limbo .

K x

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

midge

So pleased you have your dates
    Midge xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media