Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

newby

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi i am in my second week post op and would love to hear from anyone. Any recipe ideas as i am getting bored with soup.

Doodah
    Keymaster

return-slender

return-2-slender-second-helpings-

Two fabulous bariatric cook books by our very own Carol Ball ;-))

We all have these and are used like Bibles!!

Doodah x

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Doodah.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by clare.williams.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by clare.williams.
    Nettie

Welcome, I hope you are healing well and taking it nice and easy, I’m not much help as I adore soup and even eat lots of it still even though I am 10 months in.

Nettie xx

lornaburg

Hi Trish

Just started my fourth week so it’s all fresh in my mind so feel free to ask anything, I know how worrying little things can seem at this stage.

Lorna

Doodah
    Keymaster

I LOVE soup and still have it at least twice a week.

My fabulous sister makes all mine. She is the Queen of soups and makes them all fresh for me then freezes them into bariatric sized portions. How lucky am I?! SPOILT more like. It’s a trade off as I do all her sewing lol!

katy

Weirdly, since moving onto solid foods I can’t bear the thought of eating soup! I used to live it and made all my own from scratch…..maybe I’ll start liking it again when winter comes
    Katy

Doodah
    Keymaster

Not weird Katy. As humans we tend to kick against rules as such so not eating soup because you CAN is perfctly reasonable in my book. I HATE carrots and didn’t eat them for years becuase my Mum had forced me to. I have started to eat them again in minute doses because they are so good for me – but only because I CHOOSE to haha! I’m almost 53 for goodness sake and I still hear my Mum’s nagging…..trouble is – she was right. Bah.

Sammy39

Hi everyone!

Hmm. This resonates with me. I’m now on slops, and struggling to know when to stop eating – I’m worried I am over-eating already!! I seem to be able to manage larger meals than I anticipated. Is that normal…?

As for soups… Ooh I’ve learnt a whole new passion for experimentation in the kitchen. I made a ‘Thai Salmon Soup’ last week – it was so yummy! Then I tried my own version of chicken noodle soup… Experiment at will – it’s so fun ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m now two weeks and four days post op. woo hoo!

Sammy

lornaburg

I feel a bit like that too Sammy. I have to consciously stop myself otherwise I could carry on eating. I could eat normal bite size pieces too (sometimes I have forgotten I have a band) and have to keep myself in check because I’m frightened to do myself harm.

Lorna

Sammy39

That is spot on Lorna – I feel exactly the same. I stop eating because I dont want to do myself a mischief, rather than because I’m full. Lol. I’m hoping that I get this full feeling everyone talks about, soon. I’d love to know what that feels like :-/ But I must say, this is perhaps the longest I’ve really stuck to a ‘diet’ without binging!

Sammy

Sammy39

Trish – great to meet you, by the way!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Sammy

brown69owl

Hi

I’m one week post gastric band and it says I can eat Philadelphia cheese but what can I eat it with ?? I’m just not hungry at all , tried slim fast as not had any protein but it made me feel sick !

Jackie

Doodah
    Keymaster

Sammy and Lorna – you are doing brilliantly. You have become aware of food and how to be ‘normal’ around it already – that is half the battle believe me!! Well done x

Doodah x

Sammy39

๐Ÿ™‚ awwww thanks Doodah ๐Ÿ™‚ I must say, I’m a tad confused by the mixed messages that I’m getting from my support lady … Bless. I haven’t lost any weight this week, but I am hypothyroid and I bet my poor, soon to be little bod is wondering what the hell is going on these days! I bet it thinks… Aha! she’s crash dieting AGAIN!! Lol I was trying to stick to 1200 calories per day as first told, but now I’m told I need to be on 1000… Roll on 1st band fill, I could do with a little support from my new friend!!

lornaburg
    Doodah wrote:
    Sammy and Lorna – you are doing brilliantly. You have become aware of food and how to be ‘normal’ around it already – that is half the battle believe me!! Well done x

Doodah x

Thanks Doodah

I think I have learned that I don’t need massive portions anymore and that’s it’s okay to just have a little nibble of something and leave the rest. Sometimes I can just sniff something and be satisfied. That’s after only 3 1/2 weeks. I hope it carries on.

I haven’t lost a massive amount yet (1.5 stones including pre op diet) but I’m hoping loads more will come off once I’ve had a fill, early days yet.

Lorna

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media