Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hypnothink

Hi I’m new here, I had had a band since 2000 lost 11 stone, had 2 gorgeous girls, then my band started to strangle me. For the last two years I’ve been fighting the NHS to help me ( I paid privately in France). I asked my GP for help but she said she dosent know what to do! NHS emptied my band and now Pct refused funding as I have no co morbidities to get taken out/ fixed or bypass , we have just appealed anyone know how long an appeal can take? I’m continually in pain and feel so unhappy as the weight is going on and on. I’m looking to go private just trying to raise the funds.

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Hypno and welcome to this friendly place where everyone will do all they can to help you.

The PCT might be reluctant to fund you as you have already self-funded before. It’s unfortunate but it’s how the system works. In the NHS, God doesn’t help those who help themselves 🙁

Doodah x

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media