Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

NEWBIE starting the milk diet today!

Home ยป Topics ยป Welcome to Streamline Surgical ยป Introductions to Weight Loss Chat Forum ยป NEWBIE starting the milk diet today!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #48897
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    Forgot to say that in addition to losing weight and looking and feeling better, one of the very best feelings is gradually coming off the meds one by one! It is such a sense of victory ๐Ÿ˜‰

    Doodah x

    #48909
    Mands
    Member

    @Doodah 27367 wrote:

    I would say that 99% of wls patients, when asked if they have any regrets, reply: ‘That I didn’t have it done sooner’.

    If you are concerned that you have made the wrong decision about which type of surgery you need, have a word with your team. Nothing is yet written in stone ๐Ÿ˜‰

    Whatever you decide, you are in possibly the most capable hands in the country. All Streamline’s surgeons are of the very highest calibre and skill so it wouldn’t actually make any difference who you choose. However, Mr Somers is the one with the highest profile due to his media appearances and this makes people feel more comfortable – they feel like they already ‘know’ him.

    How’s today going so far?

    Doodah x

    Hi Doodah .. Am back at hospital today for the pre op tests .. Day 8 of the milk diet .. I have stuck to it like glue and its been fine .. Have had some arguments with myself over food lol but that’s just my brain retraining I think … Starting to feel dizzy a bit tho but then I had an extremely busy weekend with my daughter and grandson.
    Once I get through the pre op tests today I will finally accept I am actually going to have an operation lol it has taken so long to get to this stage and I still can’t fully believe it is finally happening lol I keep waiting for something to go wrong !!! Me being an optimist too !!!
    Hope you are well
    Mands xxx

    #48910
    Mands
    Member

    @aw48 27398 wrote:

    Hi Mandy
    I start my milk diet tomorrow but its for 8 weeks, yes im looking forward to it, im a step closer to having my surgery but il also hopefully getting off all my meds, fingers crossed il still be this positive in 8 weeks xx

    Hi good luck with the milk diet … Out of curiosity why 8 weeks if you don’t mind me asking

    Mands xxx

    #48898
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    @Mands 27423 wrote:

    Hi Doodah .. Am back at hospital today for the pre op tests .. Day 8 of the milk diet .. I have stuck to it like glue and its been fine .. Have had some arguments with myself over food lol but that’s just my brain retraining I think … Starting to feel dizzy a bit tho but then I had an extremely busy weekend with my daughter and grandson.
    Once I get through the pre op tests today I will finally accept I am actually going to have an operation lol it has taken so long to get to this stage and I still can’t fully believe it is finally happening lol I keep waiting for something to go wrong !!! Me being an optimist too !!!
    Hope you are well
    Mands xxx

    Aw bless you Mands. I know that feeling only too well. I think it’s because as a super-morbidly obese person, most things didn’t go well for me so i always kind of expected the worst possible outcome all the time. I’m very different now. In fact, when I got an infection with my last lot of plastics, no-one was more shocked than me! I’m having my wisdom tooth out next week and I honestly don’t foresee any problems with it. Then, on 21 Feb, I have my second and final phase of plastics and I’m determined not to get an infection this time round haha!

    In my life now, I always see the bright side of things and try to see a positive whenever possible. I lost two very dear uncles last year and it was almost impossible to see any positive in that other than they were not suffering anymore.

    Anyway, like you say, once all the pre-op stuff is done, you can ‘allow’ yourself to become excited about the new life that awaits you. It’s so absolutely fantastic that I honestly can’t find the words. It’s something you have to experience yourself. I will just look forward to hearing all about it ;-))

    Doodah x

    #48904
    aw48
    Member

    @Doodah 27418 wrote:

    Forgot to say that in addition to losing weight and looking and feeling better, one of the very best feelings is gradually coming off the meds one by one! It is such a sense of victory ๐Ÿ˜‰

    Doodah x

    The first thing to go was my insulin, not had any since sunday night and so far so good, sugars were great this morning, yeahh I feel as if im back in control xx

    #48905
    aw48
    Member

    @Mands 27424 wrote:

    Hi good luck with the milk diet … Out of curiosity why 8 weeks if you don’t mind me asking

    Mands xxx

    my Dr said its the required amount that they want you to do here, its not the weight loss they are really interested in its to see you can make the life time changes xx how are you doing on your diet
    Anna xx

    #48899
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    @aw48 27431 wrote:

    my Dr said its the required amount that they want you to do here, its not the weight loss they are really interested in its to see you can make the life time changes xx how are you doing on your diet
    Anna xx

    It’s also about shrinking the liver to make your surgery safer. Some people have to do if for longer.

    Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search Forums

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media