Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Newbie introducing myself

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Slimceagirl

Hi,

I’m slimceagirl.

I have been reading EVERYTHING in these forums over the past week or so and it’s been great to hear what people are going through and read answers to the kind of questions I have myself.

I am going for a “mini-consultation” tomorrow to see if I am “suitable” for the gastric band op. Fingers crossed, will be paying privately – decided it was ridiculous to spend thousands of pounds having some work done in our garden but begrudge investing money in myself and my future.

I’ve yo-yo’ed (is that even a word?) with my weight for most of my adult life. You name it, I will have done the diet. I have spent hours and hours researching the band op and feel ready and prepared for the hard work and look forward to adopting a new healthly lifestyle. Being able to do that without the usual demons of hunger or greed creeping in would be wonderful.

Anyway, will report back after the consultation tomorrow. Look forward to getting to know you all.

xx

johncg

Hi slim girl…

You are making the right decision. I also have said that the cost of the band I had was an investment in my life. The decorating can wait another few years.

Keep us updated

Live John xxx

Nettie

Welcome slimcea girl,

I agree with John, it was the best money I have ever spent, 5 1/2 stone down in under 10 months, post when you have had your consultation, where are you going for it?

Love Nettie xx

Slimceagirl

Thanks John and Nettie.

Wow Nettie, that’s a great result! I hope I can achieve something like that.
    I am going to the Spire hospital near Halifax which is fairly local to me and I have had previous surgery (unrelated) there so feel comfortable going there.

I’m eager to find out how quickly things move with it being private. I have a holiday coming up at the end of the month then no hols planned until end Aug so wondering if I can get “it” done after May hol so that I’m sorted by time Aug hol comes around. Just a bit nervous to go abroad for 2 weeks in Aug in case I have any problems but then I don’t want to wait until after then either. Oh well, will find out more tomorrow!

xx

I didn’t think I was that nervous but I’ve found myself biting my nails all evening!

lornaburg
    Slimceagirl wrote:
    Thanks John and Nettie.

Wow Nettie, that’s a great result! I hope I can achieve something like that.
    I am going to the Spire hospital near Halifax which is fairly local to me and I have had previous surgery (unrelated) there so feel comfortable going there.

I’m eager to find out how quickly things move with it being private. I have a holiday coming up at the end of the month then no hols planned until end Aug so wondering if I can get “it” done after May hol so that I’m sorted by time Aug hol comes around. Just a bit nervous to go abroad for 2 weeks in Aug in case I have any problems but then I don’t want to wait until after then either. Oh well, will find out more tomorrow!

xx

I didn’t think I was that nervous but I’ve found myself biting my nails all evening!

Hi Slimceagirl

I went to Elland for my gallbladder out in 2010, cannot fault it. I had my gastric band done at the Yorkshire clinic last week, again the care was brilliant. For me there was less than 2 weeks between consultation and operation, didn’t even have time to do 14 days of the pre op diet.

My initial plan was to have op in Bradford then fly out to our mobile home in France to ‘get better’ so no one at work would know anything about it but I chickened out just in case I needed to see a doctor. I’m glad I did this now, I will be going away for my week 5 and 6 and will have my first fill when I get back.

We are very close so keep in touch.

Lorna

78rpm

Hi

Welcome hope your consultation goes well look forward to hearing your results!

rgds

Jay

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Slim and welcome to the friendliest forum in the world!!

I always say to people at Streamline seminars (free information evenings) that surgery to save/improve your life costs about a third of the price of a decent car.

I had a bypass almost four years ago. At my first consultation I was told I probably only had about 3-5 years to live if I didn’t have the surgery and lose a massive amount of weight. My BMI was 64 (I’m a shortie) and I was almost housebound (bedbound some days) my blood pressure was almost off the scale and my heart was huge from working so hard. I’m now 15st lighter, working and looking forward to my first ever long haul flight in the summer!! Some of my disabilities persist: Asthma, Arthritis etc but I finally feel I have a future.

Can’t wait to hear all about your journey.

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media