Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Newbie – part 7

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Stever7908

Hi all

Glad we are all in touch, very lucky we are all having op around the same time. Great to bounce off each other. Plus with everyone else, really fortunate. I doing the meals in the freezer to. As well as some soups. Boo recommended Some fresh soups you can buy. So may get a couple of those too. Penny are you doing the milk diet pre op? If so have to let me know how it goes, start mine on the 22nd.
    Just can’t wait to get started now.
    Take care everyone
    Steve

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Stever7908 34657 wrote:

Hi all

Glad we are all in touch, very lucky we are all having op around the same time. Great to bounce off each other. Plus with everyone else, really fortunate. I doing the meals in the freezer to. As well as some soups. Boo recommended Some fresh soups you can buy. So may get a couple of those too. Penny are you doing the milk diet pre op? If so have to let me know how it goes, start mine on the 22nd.
    Just can’t wait to get started now.
    Take care everyone
    Steve

View all Fresh Soups – Waitrose

Waitrose fresh soups are divine. I know they are a bit expensive but don’t forget that each tub contains about 10 bariatric portions! You can freeze them down. However, a word of caution, always check the nutritional guide. Soups with lots of tomato in can be too many carbs for we bypassers. I dumped terribly on tomato soup and still avoid it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastric_dumping_syndrome

Also, low in fat can mean high in sugar to compensate for lack of flavour. You are going to be the ‘Three Amigos’ of weight loss surgery!

Doodah x

Boo22
    Participant

Thanks Doodah for your kind words and for so much encouragement! Also for tips re carbs in tomato soup!
    Loving the ‘3 Amigos’ thing too! Good to know that there are so many others here to support us in our new beginning…thank you all so much xx

penny

hi steve, i am so glad we are all having the op at the same time, I think the motto should be NEVER ALONE, i will start my milk diet on the 18th, i have got my pre op appointment on the 11th, so its all go, i have, very silly i know but i am having christmas dinner early on 15th nov all family coming over, I have been preparing the meals for the freezer and i am sure i have said before that the soup maker i got as a gift is wonderful i love it makes soup in 20 – 25minutes beautiful and you know what is exactly in it. I am going out this weekend to get a couple of new nighties and wash bag ect. so exciting. lots love penny xxx

bikerchris
    Participant

I bought new nighties for op and I wore them exactly once! My usual nightwear is an old T shirt and jogging bottoms. Even if I’d chosen to wear the nighties again, within a very short time they were miles too big

Lelly

@bikerchris 34674 wrote:

I bought new nighties for op and I wore them exactly once! My usual nightwear is an old T shirt and jogging bottoms. Even if I’d chosen to wear the nighties again, within a very short time they were miles too big

I find the worse thing for me at the moment Chris is bras, I treated myself to three new ones about 3-4 weeks ago as my old ones were, glad to say, huge. These are now too big, I will wear them for a couple more months but so upset as they were pretty ones, the first time that I have been able to buy pretty bras for years.

Oh and Penny, don’t buy too many nighties as the day of op, you are in a gown, so will only be in your nightie the day after and then dressed the next day as going home, yay!

Lelly x

Lauren
    Keymaster

The nightie I wore in hospital to have my bypass was too big for me within 4 weeks! I have kept it though as it is a good reminder of how far I have come. It was a size 34. I have a pic of me and the lovely Stacey, both inside it lol!

Doodah x

penny

hey I just thought this is not only a early christmas gift for me, but it father CHRIS PRING giving it to me, xxx

penny

Loving the 3 Amigo’s
    xxx

Boo22
    Participant

We just need a moustache and a mexican hat each!! xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

LOVE IT!! He could grow the beard in ‘Movember’!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Slow cookers/crock pots are a bariatric patients best friend. everything is SO tender and soft and all the goodness stays in the liquid. In the early stages you can just puree it. It’s so comforting at this time of year too. I make mine with vegetarian suet dumplings (that word always makes me laugh now as it’s like a mini dump haha!) and my family love it.

I get really really excited for all you newbies waiting to start your weight loss journeys. It is such a tonic to read your posts each morning 🙂 x

Doodah x

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media