Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Newbie – part 4

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Feebee795

Hi everyone,
    I am new on here, didn’t realise anything like this existed.
    I am on day 2 of the milk diet & I think I’m doing ok so far apart from drinking 3 pints skimmed milk a day. I feel awash with the stuff already!
    I’m in for my bypass next Wednesday so have a few days still to go.
    Has anyone got any tips on how to get through the milk diet??

bakes28

I’m new as well. Have my first consultant meeting next week. I’m hoping for the band.

Looking forward to hearing about your journey.

Feebee795

Hi
    Thanks for replying.
    I am very nervous but also excited to think I will soon be starting a new chapter in my life.
    Do you mind me asking why have you opted for the band, was it a personal choice or recommended by your doctor?
    Mine gave me the choice of a bypass or sleeve. I didn’t have a clue to start with but have now opted for bypass. I figure if you’re going to do you might as go for the big one.
    Glad to hear you’re starting your journey to your new life as well.
    Good luck for your consultant meeting & looking forward to hearing about your journey too.

bakes28

I’m currently 15 and a half stone but always struggled with my weight. I think that the bypass is too drastic for me. I may be wrong and when I see the consultant he may say otherwise. Also, I can’t be away from my business for that long, my husband goes away lots for our business and then it’s just me and out ten year old. The bypass takes a lot more time out post op. I also need to re-educate myself about how I eat etc and i just think that the band is a better option. FOR ME.

Feebee795

I have more weight to lose. I have arthritis so it’s been difficult to exercise & the weight just piled on. I also had a tendency to snack on crisps & savoury foods so I feel a bypass is the way to go for me. I was leaning towards a sleeve but I think I’d end up back where I started in a few years time.
    I’m sure you are right with your choice as anything else does seem too drastic for your situation. I’m lucky that my husband is able to take a few days off & I have family to help me post-op when he goes back to work.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Feebee and a huge welcome to the friendliest place around.

I’m so glad you found us! This wonderful, amazing, life-affirming and life-saving tool (weight loss surgery) is only one part of successful weight loss. The other part is the support we need. You have found it here.

As for getting through the milk diet, I found it easy due to it’s simplicity. I have slight OCD tendencies so the fact that I was given very little choice suited me perfectly! I found that having the milk hot in lattes was the best thing for me. I also bought sugar free syrups to flavour the milk either hot or cold. I then kept my stock cube for ‘dinner’ as it was the only savoury thing of the day so it felt like ‘dinner’. i ate the sugar free jelly throughout the day and varied the flavours as much as I possibly could.

It’s not easy but then nothing about weight loss is! Contrary to what the media would have you think. However, it will be the best thing you have ever done for yourself, I promise. It will also help you prove to yourself that you are serious about changing your life forever. Finally, it will shrink your liver which will make the surgeons job easier – making things safer for you.

We are all here to help and support you. We will all shuffle up on the ever-extending losers bench to make room for you. Below are some useful links that may help to make your journey easier.

RETURN TO SLENDER COOKBOOK IS HERE | Carol

Bariatrics megastore

Look forward to hearing all about your journey to a happier, healthier life.

Doodah x

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Lauren.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by clare.williams.
    Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

Just double confirming what Doodah said really, I also found the milk diet really easy, although I was lucky in only needing to do it for 7 days, I used crusha NAS to make milkshakes, and made my coffee with 100% milk as well, I also used to save my oxo for the evening meal as well.

One thing I will say is make sure you drink plenty of water as well, not only to prepare you for the amount you must drink post surgery, which is 2 litres a day but to also help prevent constipation on the milk diet, which is quite common.

Also don’t expect any big weightloss on the milk diet until the last few days, then be surprised just how much you have managed to loose, in the first half you will find you loose very little so don’t weigh yourself until the day of surgery

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

Great tips there Paul, especially about weighing yourself 🙂

Doodah x

Feebee795

Hi Paul
    thanks for the tips.
    I’m not struggling with the diet, just the headache. I don’t do coffee, I was told by a dietician that I should stop as it was not good for you so haven’t drunk it now for 7 years – still love the smell of it though. Crusha sounds like a good idea , I will try that.
    I don’t really like water although I am forcing myself to drink plenty as I had heard – as you mentioned – that constipation can be a problem
    Well day 3 down, tomorrow is another day !!

bakes28

almost sleepy time and then tomorrow will be day 4 and a day closer to your operation

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hope things are getting a little easier day by day!

Doodah x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media