Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Newbie – part 2

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sharlotte

Hi there,
    I’m completely new to all of this and I hope this is seen by someone?!? Lol

I am booked in to have my band fitted on 5th October at Nuffield in Guildford with Chris Pring. I’m on day tw of the milk diet and so far finding it OK! I’m not hungry 🙂

I am however hugely nervous at the moment and any support would be great!
    Thanks
    Sharlotte

I

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Sharlotte and welcome.

Oh my life, you must be so excited! 5 October is next week!

Please try not to be nervous. Chris Pring is an excellent surgeon and a very nice man. You could not be in safer hands.

My dearest friend had her band fitted on the same day as I had my bypass four years ago. We were in adjacent beds. She went on to lose 11 STONE (gasp) and her life has changed almost beyond recognition (as has she.) It warms my heart every time I see her, which is quite regularly, as she is so full of life. She is in her mid sixties but runs around like a woman half her age, Wish I had her energy lol!

She went home the next morning and I stayed in for a few more days as I had an ope bypass and my gall bladder removed. Neither of us have looked back. I went on to lose 15st instead of my life. I work now and just went on my first long haul flight this summer.

So, please don’t be nervous. Be excited instead. Your life is about to change for the better, forever. It’s hard work but it is SO worth it. You will find nothing but support and friendship on here so come and visit anytime you like. Here are some useful links for you to follow to help you on your amazing journey to a happier and healthier future 🙂

Return to Slender, the UK’s first bariatric cookery book | Bariatric Cookery

Bariatrics megastore

Hope they help.

Doodah x

sharlotte

Thank you so much for your welcome!

I am very excited too! I just want to ensure I’m ready to do everything in my power to make this work!

My life needs to change and I’m am ready for the challenge! I can’t wait!!!

Thanks for the links I will have a look at them now!

It’s great to hear people’s success stories, it’s very inspirational and I can’t wait to be one of them!

I want to loose 8 stone so it’s going to be hard, I know that only too well, but the support I’m sure will help me through!

Doodah
    Keymaster

Great to have you on board. In no time at all, you will be helping all the other newbies and telling them about YOUR success.

Look forward to hearing all about your journey. You can rely on us all to walk right beside you 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media