Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

New to this!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Doodah
    Keymaster

Natalie, phone and ask love. Each hospital has a different time frame so it’s best to check with yours 😉

Doodah x

Flash71

Hi appointment wasnt great I have to have 6 months of counselling , I was so upset this is the first time I have been back on here. To
    Make matters worse dr Jon said it would only be 10 weeks ;-( xx

Hey Flash, I know this seems like a set back put please don’t be too upset. I know others who’ve also been asked to do pre op counselling …. I promise you once you’ve had the op it will seem worth it cos getting the right mindset and knowing how to deal with your issues really is a huge part of the battle. I’m 6 months post op (rny) and have ongoing counselling the further I am out the more I’m realising just how important my counselling is to keep me steady. I had a band 7 years ago and whilst I lost 7 stone over the first year and half it went back on again as I had a really horrible time and no way to cope emotionally and went straight back to eating… This time I know that getting the head stuff sorted really is key to my success… And believe me I’m not perfect but I take one day at a time…it will happen and you will get your surgery!! Just be patient my lovely and take all the support you can get xxx let us know how it goes. Cx

Flash71

Awe thank you it’s do nice to know their are people in same position. The person I see is Nathan and he so wonderful , I just feel like the goalpost are being moved every time . How long after seeing someone do they do op , I’m just do wanting it done now. How are you doing with yours ? Any problems x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Flash. Glad you are back.

I had three YEARS (Voluntary) therapy before even applying for my surgery. I knew I had to sort my head out before I could even consider trying on my body! I learned so much about myself, how I react to others and why I had been using food as a ‘ problem/emotion filler’ for so very long. It enabled me to move forward with a clean slate so to speak. Without the worry of why I became super-morbidly obese, I could focus on the how. Then all I had to do was trust the surgery to help me reverse it. I have never looked back. I’m four years psot op and my life is completely different. The main difference being that I ‘m here and have a future.

Look forward to hearing all about your journey now that you have had a fantastic start.

Doodah x

Flash71

Hi doodah it’s so lovely to hear I’m
    Not alone my confidence has hit rock bottom . I dont go out , only to work. I just want my life back and I know it’s on it’s way ;-)) x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Flash71 25413 wrote:

Hi doodah it’s so lovely to hear I’m
    Not alone my confidence has hit rock bottom . I dont go out , only to work. I just want my life back and I know it’s on it’s way ;-)) x

You will never be alone. All of us on here are right beside you. We are all at different stages too so whatever advice or support you need, someone will be at the right stage to give it to you.

I don’t think it’s possible to overestimate the power of support. I also believe that on line support is every bit as important as ‘real life’ help. In fact, I have made some of my best friends on line then gone on to meet them physically. I now have friendships all over the country, even the world that I could never have dreamed of before. One of my very best friends is the woman who was in the bed next to me on the ward at St Richard’s Hospital. We live a fair distance apart but ‘chat’ every week on line and meet up about once a month. She is my ‘Surgery Sister’ and I genuinely believe we will be friends for life.

So, rest assured that you are among friends here. We all have a common goal in life too – to be happier, healthier and live the lives we always hoped for. I’m always SO excited for ‘newbies’ as I know all the brilliant things that lie ahead for them. I also know that it isn’t easy which is why I’m always on here!!

Doodah xx

Flash71

I am having a better time of things now. I was so angry when I was told I couldn’t go ahead with surgery . But I do understand why now. I hope to have op next year maybe feb march , thanks for your ongoing support you are a star x

Doodah
    Keymaster

‘All good things come to those who wait’ is a great little saying. Learning to be patient is a very valuable life skill. I learned to be patient when I was hospitalised for 5 months over 28 years ago. There are some things in life that can’t or shouldn’t be rushed (I was pregnant) so you just have to learn to wait. My result – a perfectly healthy, beautiful little girl who is now a Teacher!!

Always here to help in any way I can 🙂

Doodah x

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media