Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    cowsmoo

I joined this site a few weeks ago and since then I’ve read all the post and threads as they’ve appeared and now it’s my turn to post!!!!

I had a band fitted in 2007 abroad and for the 1st year or so things went well. I used Mr S for my band fills and when the tubing leaked he fixed it for me as a private patient. I Steadily continued to loose weight and by christmas 2010 I’d lost the grand total of 6 stone.

Sadly I’d gained a grade 4 ulcer and had to have an emergency deflation to stop me from vomiting blood and it progressing any further. I then fell into a stale mate situation, my consultant wouldn’t do anything because it had been caused by the band and I couldn’t afford to go private……… This went on for a while and no one took responsibility for me and my problem.

Finally my GP applied for funding for St Richards to see me and the wonderful Christine secured it. After an X-ray in January I got the results in march, my band had slipped and I had pouching! Mr Slater felt repositioning wasn’t the answer as I’d lost faith and recommended the Gastric Bypass. This was something I’d ever thought about and had only heard the worst about! So much so when he mentioned it my reply was ” I don’t want to die”. Now I know thats not the case but I wasn’t as informed then.

Like us all I am now well read and full of facts and knowledge about the operation. I made up my mind to go ahead and let them apply for funding, at this point I wasn’t hopeful,you hear so much about people struggling with PCT’s and the long battles.

I pleased to say I’m not one of them, funding has been agreed. I’m now waiting to hear what will happen next. The ladies in the office aren’t sure whether I’ll skip the dietician and go straight into surgery. I feel like my life is on hold while this happens. I feel very privilege and don’t want to be pushy but I want to get back to where I was.

In a year I’ve piled on the weight and find myself stuck in limbo again……… Waiting for the date. I’m still worried but reading all your wonderful comments it’s really given me a positive lift.

Sorry for the extremely long post but my journey so far has been bumpy………

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Cowsmoo, great to have you join us.

So glad that you are back on the right track again. Don’t think you have landed in limbo, see it rather as a pit stop where you get re-fueled, checked over and set our on the race track in full working order again.

Please keep us all informed and up to date with your journey. You will be a mine of information to others who have also been having a bit of a bumpy ride: Remember, a bumpy ride is better than a standstill or reverse ;-))

Doodah x

cowsmoo

I’ve been called to see the team at St Richard’s next Friday. No indication what for….. So it’s a case of watch this space!

Is the pre-op done in the Loxwood Suite?

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Ms Ellie

Hi there cowsmoo sorry to hear about your troubles there, looks like things are starting to go the right way for you now in answer to your question it’s possible that next Friday will be the day where you meet the bariatric team assessment day and yes pre-op is also done at the loxswood suite.. Maybe you can ring the office to find out what your down for so you can at least bring/be prepared for Friday. Good luck keep us posted xxx

Much love Ellie xx

LINDY LOO

Welcome to the forum Cowsmoo. Wow what a time you have had, but keep going you are nearly there now. I had a lot of setbacks before I got my GBP but once it’s done the setbacks seem to fade away. You did so well with your band before it went wrong and you will do it again.
    take care
    Lindy Loo

78rpm

Keep positive it will happen im sure!

rgds

Jay

cowsmoo

What wonderful comments I feel a little more positive now.

Ms Ellie my appointment time is 16:40 so I’m not sure I’ll be meeting the whole team…… Shame but the letter said bring all your meds and we’ll give you a date. And as I’m not on any medication i have that bit ticked off.

I did call as I was due to go to Manchester next Friday (day of the appt) to see what it was for and no one could help or shed any light. So I’ve given my tickets away to the show and St Richards here I go!!

Ms Ellie

Sweetie I could be wrong buttttttt I reckon IMO that they are probably going to give you a date to start milk diet and possibly an op date too… Keeping everything crossed for you my lovely. What show were you going to see????

Much love Ellie xxxx

Ms Ellie

Do you know who your surgeon is going to be????

cowsmoo

We were off to see Jeff Dunham an American comedian and as I live in Brighton we’d Booked ourselves a weekend away! But my op comes first so St Richards and a trip to Sainsbury’s is now on the cards.

When I had the band tweaked I had Mr Somers but this time i have Mr Slater. I so hope that I get a date and it’s all systems go. X

Ms Ellie

Never heard of jeff Dunham …but hey like you say WLS comes first…lovely mr g slater great guy!!! I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you hoping that you get a date and then you have something to aim for. Oh btw don’t forget your nectar card!!!!!

Doodah
    Keymaster

Ellie, update your ‘glittery’ thing!! You have lost even more now.

Can’t tell you how brilliant it is to have you back here xxxx

Mr Slater is a lovely man and a brilliasnt surgeon so you will be fine and Dandy with him

Doodah x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media