Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

New member – part 3

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 34589 wrote:

This surgery is amazing at saving life’s , also saving our children and loved ones from
    losing a parent . It changes how you are physically . But also mentally . I love it , you have to work on your mental well being . Find other ways to manage distress / stress. Other than food . Dealing with not recognising your own reflection . Dealing with people flirting with you again . Not getting focussed on the numbers on scales . You have to continually think about nutrition . Would I change any thing yes , I would have RYN . In my thirties not 55 . My obesity was a factor in my poorly heart

No one is more thankful that you had wls than me, Kim! I couldn’t imagine my life without you now 🙂

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Fionajeweller 34582 wrote:

I am just over one year on, I have lost 5 1/2 stone and gone from a size 20/22 to a size 10. I have to say this was prompted by my aunt who is very overweight, and fell and could not get up. She has diabetes, divaticulitus, blind in one eye and loosing her sight in the other. I am or was so like her and heading for the same problems. However I have reversed all this and I am smaller now and back to my weight pre children. I feel great and love being able to wear anything I want. No asthma any more. My joints are free of pain. Great in train seats, aeroplanes. My before and after photos went onto Facebook, I have tried to post here but technology foxed me. Good luck it’s worth the journey. I eat well, a few treats but very small quantities. I agree lots to drink. I have found sweet corn a problem to digest.

ps if you email me your photos, I will put them on here for you, Fiona:

sue.smith@streamline-surgical.com

Stever7908

Hi Penny
    I am due my surgery with Chris on the 2nd December, be great to stay in touch. How’s things going leading up to the date?
    I have my appointment on Friday with the dietician and my post op on the 25 November. So I will be in the building the same time.
    Regards
    Steve

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Stever7908 34611 wrote:

Hi Penny
    I am due my surgery with Chris on the 2nd December, be great to stay in touch. How’s things going leading up to the date?
    I have my appointment on Friday with the dietician and my post op on the 25 November. So I will be in the building the same time.
    Regards
    Steve

Friends for life are made via wls. It’s one of the nicest added bonuses!

Doodah x

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media