Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

New Me,

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ganny
    Participant

Hi All,
    I am now nearly 16 months post bypass and just about 11 stones lighter and only about another stone and a half to go before I drop into the 11stone something bracket and that will mean I will have lost over half my body weight and that I have not been that weight since I was 11, and I got to thinking what I could do to mark this achievement and celebrate my rebirth and I have decided (the other half thinks I have gone mad) that though I am learning to drive (just failed my first test, stupid mistake on my part, long story)and I have another test coming up very soon that I would get a tattoo. Always wanted one and didn’t no what to get or where but now I know, I am going to get two tattoo’s of butterflies, one on my ankle with it’s wings just opening and one up on my shoulder in all it’s glory. Butterflies are suppose to represent rebirth, so I thought why not, the one on my ankle to show the start of my journey and the one on my shoulder to show the completion of my journey. As I said the other half thinks I have gone mad and can’t understand why a woman of very nearly 60 would want this done.
    Have I gone mad, nah don’t think so, just living my new life to the full.
    Elaine xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Ganny, it’s not mad at all!! My goodness you have achieved SO much, why wouldn’t you want something permanent to mark the day it all began?! Actually, I know loads of people who have done exactly the same thing. They either have their new ‘birthday’ or their start and finish weight if they don’t have the Butterfly. Phoenix tatts are popular too.

I have one but it’s not related to my wls. I had mine done at 40. A word of advice – take your time to choose exactly what you want: it will be there forever ;-))

Doodah x

Dizzy
    Participant

I am 2 years post op, almost 17 stone gone and 1 also decided on a tattoo… i am now the proud owner of a set of scales on my left ankle…. not being completely nuts i didnt opt for a tattoo of scales that you would stand on to weigh yourself but a pair like in the scales of justice emblem, slightly unbalanced…… to me the tattoo signifies not only the weight loss but also how unfair life can be if youre overweight…. well done you xxxx

mandyl

i have 6 the newest was on the 27th june.
    i do have a wls one too

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Dizzy 24527 wrote:

I am 2 years post op, almost 17 stone gone and 1 also decided on a tattoo… i am now the proud owner of a set of scales on my left ankle…. not being completely nuts i didnt opt for a tattoo of scales that you would stand on to weigh yourself but a pair like in the scales of justice emblem, slightly unbalanced…… to me the tattoo signifies not only the weight loss but also how unfair life can be if youre overweight…. well done you xxxx

I LOVE that idea. What a fab tatt that sounds. You are so right about the injustice we have to endure when we are overweight/obese.

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@mandyl 24531 wrote:

i have 6 the newest was on the 27th june.
    i do have a wls one too

What’s your wls one Mandy?

Doodah x

suthur1

I got 2 post bypass tattoo’s
    A Phoenix when i lost 15st & a Dragon for being 2 years post op

Lauren
    Keymaster

They sound awesome Mark 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media