Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

New, first day of the milk diet!

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » New, first day of the milk diet!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    monkey1

Hi, I have just started the milk diet today and wondered if anyone has any advice. Im having my bypass on 24th August. Thanks

hypnothink

It gets easier after day 3/4! I made my jelly in shot glasses so I could have several through the day to interchange with the milk.

monkey1

Thanks. Not feeling hungry just thinking about food all the time. Have a bit of a headache too.

Floyd

Hi Monkey

I found the strawberry Crusha flavouring helped lots with getting the milk down. Good luck with it.

Floydee

monkey1

Thanks Floydee,

I have just been to the shops and got the strawberry crusha, feels like I’m having a treat. I also bought Harley’s ready made no added sugar jelly, I hope they are ok.

jackieH
    Participant

Hi

I started my milk diet today too, bypass op next Tuesday 21st. Its gone quite well as I have been busy today, but still seem to have a lot of milk to get through before bedtime! Had my chicken oxo at 6.00pm which I actually enjoyed very much. Drank quite a lot lemon squash today which probably filled me up. Need to have a rethink on how to get all the milk down. Starting work at 5.30 am tomorrow so all my breaks will be in the morning. The joys of shift work lol.

monkey1

Hi Jackie

Glad you are doing ok. Have you got the crusha? That helps getting the milk down. Where are you having your surgery done? It’s nice to speak to some one that will be at the same stages as myself. That’s an early start for you, hopefully you will be ok today. Keep In touch.

Sasha

Start mine Thursday so great to hear your updates. I am planning a big cooking to freezer day tomorrow so that the family are catered for and I won’t be tempted. A little concerned about the headaches as I do get the odd migraine..anyone got tips on how to avoid them whilst on the milk diet, which seems to have a similar effect to detoxing….

Dreamer

monkey1

Hi, good luck, It’s not as bad as you think it will be! My headaches have stopped and I’m on day 3. I drank lots of squash today which I think helped. I can’t stop weeing though. Try and get the crusha as it helps get through the milk. Keep me posted on how you are getting on.

Sasha

Thanks, I will keep you updated…I am banded the day before your bypass…coming up fast and getting a little more nervous as it approaches! Off shopping next with Jelly on my list….as well as ingredients for soup post op….I am glad the weather is cooler today with all the cooking I have planned!

Dreamer

jansus28

Good luck both of u it will be fine! I did the milk diet for 17 days and loved it as I love milk! Did have headaches as I thought I would give up coffe at the same time!!! Wroung thing to do! So I was fine with my milky coffees and sailed through even eating out with friends twice!! Sat there with my oxo cube soup!!!, bottle of still water and a glass of milk!! I was so full!! On the day of the op i had lost 1stone 7 lbs!! I am now day 8 post op bypass and doing well thank god! I just kept my goal insight! Janice xxx

monkey1

Hi Janice

That’s brilliant to know you did so well. I seem to have got into the swing of things now. How are you feeling since your bypass?Have you any advice? What I should take into hospital? First few days at home. What are you eating? Sorry so many questions but would love to know how you are getting on.

Thanks

Sasha

jackieH
    Participant

@monkey1 25127 wrote:

Hi Jackie

Glad you are doing ok. Have you got the crusha? That helps getting the milk down. Where are you having your surgery done? It’s nice to speak to some one that will be at the same stages as myself. That’s an early start for you, hopefully you will be ok today. Keep In touch.

Sasha

Hi Sasha, having my bypass at St Richards. Had a bit of a headache during the night, but couldnt be bothered to get up for a tablet lol. Seems to have gone today so thats good. Drinking the milk through a straw, pretending its a shake! Had to pop into Tescos today, which actually wasnt as painful as I thought it would be. Just keeping focused on my diet of milk, tea and squash!

Jackie

jansus28

I am feeling great and so happy I did it! I had a bypass at the Clemintine churchill hospital in harrow london! The day of surgery 7th aug I had lost 1stone 7lbs! I went down to theatre first! The staff were great! had op and when I woke up had pin! I had oroamorph oral morphine which was great! Was up walking in a few hours. I was very sore and walked very slow the main pain s the wind pain! So peppermint tea is a must make sure take some with u just in case they do not have it! Also I could only have two tea spoons of soup and I was full and in pain!! I Was home on Friday fine just on paracetamol and a very small tummy!!! It was strange as my taste buds have started agin! Every flavour is enhanced ten times! This soon settles but I cannot taste some of he foods I use o like e.g. Garlic makes me feel sick!!! All the old I cook my self and froze I have had to throw away an I have taken each meal as it comes!! I am on very runny mash and veg mixed with milk with puréed chicken salmon can manage three tea spoons twice a day! I have half a weetabix and hot milk or breakfast! I have to teaspoons of muller light yogurt and the Harley’s no added sugar jelly! I feel great!! I am day 8 post op and I have lost 11lbs! So 2 stone 2lbs since the 28th July!! I am walking 15 mins twice a day and eating my small potions but I am happy with them!! I have removed my dressings from my five sites and they are healing well! Everyone worries about having their bowels opened after op it does happen but remember they have been man handled and there is not much going through it now!!! Any questions please let me know! Hope this has helped??? Or maybe to much information!

monkey1

Hi, that’s great information and no not too much, at least I can be prepared. I haven’t made any soup for after the op as I thought I would take it one day at a time. I will get some peppermint tea to take in with me. Let me know how you get on. So pleased you are doing well and have lost so much weight already.

Sasha

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media