Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

New bandster

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    chubbycath

Hi all, just wanted to say hi, I had my band put in 2 days ago and so still miserable and in lots of pain. Good to see lots of support on here. Cath x

chubbycath

P.s. Can someone tell me if hiccups are normal, as they’re REALLY hurting? Thanks

Nettie

Hi Cath,

Sorry to hear you are still uncomfortable but you really have come to the best place to share it and you will get lots of advice. Unfortunately I can’t offer any personally as you are a couple of weeks ahead of me as I’m due to be banded on 28th July but keep your chin up as I am sure you will sonn start to reap the benefits.

Take care,

Annette xx

ruby tuesday

Hi Cath, not had surgery yet, but you will get plenty of help from the lovely guys on here, sure someone can answer re; hiccups. I’m sorry you feel down, it is a known after affect of surgery, but you should be able to take pain meds so you are not hurting – what have you been taking? As you probably know, surgery is a huge shock to the body even when the mind has been aware it will happen, so just take it easy, give yourself nice little treats, spraying favourite purfume, watching cheery movies etc. and once you feel better, try to attend a support group if there is one near you, because it is so reasurring to talk to other people who know exactly how you feel. Come on here when you need to, it is a very friendly and positive site, and you are welcome. best wishes, Ruby xx

P.S. I do know the body is pumped full of air for the surgery, think that applies to both band and bypass, maybe your hicupps are the wind expelling?

Rachmz

Hi All,
    I am now 5 months post band and lost just over 4 and a half stone, although its now very slow. I had hiccups when i first had my band and i know how painful they can be!!! They do go!! If i can help you in any way pm me and i can send you my number. Start smiling now as you have been given a fresh start!!!
    Lots of love xxxx

gillb

Hi Cath

I’m 3 months post (band) op. I was in pain and very uncomfortable for 3 days post op and hardly slept during that time as I simply couldn’t get comfortable either sitting or lying down. On the fourth night I slept for England and got so much better every day after that. One week post op, although still uncomfortable, I wasn’t in pain and slept very well each night. It was however approx 6 weeks before I could lie on my left side and be comfortable.

I’ve only had a few bouts of hicups however during the first week post op I belched like I’ve never belched in my life. Each belch helped me to feel so much more comfortable so I didn’t try to hold it in. Walking around (albeit slowly at first) helps get the wind up, the wind has to come out. I still belch now for about 30 minutes after I have eaten a meal but I know from experience to just let it out, you become an expert at being a discreet belcher in company.

Goodluck with your recovery. Once you get past the initial pain/discomfort you will notice an improvement every day.

Love Gill x

chubbycath

Thanks ladies that’s really helpful. Been struggling today and got a bit teary, but good to know I’m not alone. It’s got to be said the wind is making the pain a lot worse I think and also have a dodgy tum which doesn’t help either. However on the upside I am feeling better each day so am confident I will be ok in a few days. Thanks again, look forward to talking more throughout my journey xxx

cazza

Hi Cath
    I had mine done at the end of last June and I found that where the port area is was the most tender and it took me quite a while to be able to lay and be comfy. I also had alot of pain in my shoulders this was due to trapped wind as they pump lots of air in you but after a couple of days on windeze it soon settled down. I to felt very tired and tearful for a while so its normal plus the drugs that are pumped in you can effect people in differant ways. But within the next 1-2 month I shall be joining you again as I have a leak somewhere in my band and have had no restriction for 4 months so it needs to be redone the surgeon is hoping that it’s just the port but more than likely to be completly redone so it’s start all over again. I haven’t had much weight loss as most people do. But take each day as it comes you will get there your body has been through alot it takes time.

Cazza

vickihayling

Hi Cath, i’m 5 months post op and yes I remember the painful hiccups but it will all settle down shortly and you’ll start to enjoy the benefits of weight loss – I have never been so full of life and can’t wait for my beach holiday next week! The worst is over now for you so let the good times roll.

hides
    chubbycath wrote:
    Hi all, just wanted to say hi, I had my band put in 2 days ago and so still miserable and in lots of pain. Good to see lots of support on here. Cath x

Hello cath, only joined today….. And looking for someone i can talk to. Thinking of having the band, and would love to follw your progress. Where did you have your band done? Nhs/private. What is your story (if i can ask)

chubbycath

Hi Hides, pm me…..will be more than happy to talk you through everything xx

Feeling sooooo much better now than I did a few days ago….just pretty tender around the port.
    Living on liquids is pretty hard, and if I don’t see soup again for a year it will be too soon, but all in all I’d say I’m doing well and looking forward to my first band fill (nearly as much as eating mashed potato in 7 days time!) 🙂

hides
    chubbycath wrote:
    Hi Hides, pm me…..will be more than happy to talk you through everything xx

Feeling sooooo much better now than I did a few days ago….just pretty tender around the port.
    Living on liquids is pretty hard, and if I don’t see soup again for a year it will be too soon, but all in all I’d say I’m doing well and looking forward to my first band fill (nearly as much as eating mashed potato in 7 days time!) 🙂

Hi chubbycath, thanks for your reply. The truth is i dont really know how these sites work, so i’m not too sure how to pm you. Technology is another of my down falls. They say your 40’s is the best time….. But really it’s a wake up call for just standing still and watching the world slip by. Then you have to start learning new things, and realise, it’s time to start changing things about yourself…..not much fun at all…… Sorry for the rant.

ruby tuesday

Hides, go into My Profile top right of streamline page, on left of your profile are what you want to do, click on send private message, bype recepient’s name in, then message in box and click send.

Or click on person you want to speak to’s name, then click profile, brings up their profile, and you will see big Visitors Message box, type message in there, click button below that box saying something like post/proceed, and it will leave your message on their page and alert them when they log in.

Not good with tech stuff either, but if you can log in, you can easily pick up posting pms so don’t worry, have a play!

chubbycath

Hey Hides….have messaged you.
    Feeling even better today, stopped pain killers and now only have a week left of pure liquid left 🙂
    Looking forward to the next stage
    Xxx

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media