Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Never give up at the first hurdle

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Other Bariatric Surgeries and Plastic Surgery » Never give up at the first hurdle

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

My second consultation was postponed due to the Consultant being poorly. So, I will now see him again on 27 Sept. That will only be 2 weeks before the actual op!! Tum first. Then upper body work in the new year.

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Got my consultation with my cosmetic surgeon tomorrow morning. I am, both at the same time, excited and anxious. I had severely underestimated the amount of time it will take me to be up and about again! I thought I might need approx 5 days but have been told on good authority that it can take up to three weeks – sometimes more! I can’t bear the thought of not working though. Fortunately, I work from home so if I can sit at my desk (or even in my bed with a laptop) I’m good to go.

I’m not, however, totally stupid and if my surgeon tells me I have to rest more – I will. I have an extremely high pain threshold but a disastrously low one for boredom lol! Just can’t wait to be free of back pain, infections and discomfort.

Doodah x

rubybling

Good luck for tomorrow Doodah. I hope everything goes well, I know from your previous posts you have been waiting a long time.
    I am sure you will want to be up and about, but as you always say to us, when the time comes, listen to your body and don’t run before you can walk.
    I’ll be thinking of you.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Thank you so much Ruby. You are absolutely right, of course!

I’ll tell you all about it when I get back 😉

Doodah xx

janie61

Good luck xxx

jansus28

Good luck it will be fine!! Xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

I’m really nervous!! What the heck is that all about? I guess it’s because it means so much to me that I’m always waiting for something to go wrong. Ridiculous. Come on guys, tell me to pull myself together and get on with it!! :-O

Doodah x

rubybling

Doodah, pull yourself together and get on with it!!! You have been through testing times before and you have the right mental attitude to get yourself over this next hurdle. We are always nervous and fearful of stuff we want the most, and feel we are not worthy of things turning right for us. You are worthy of it just as the next person and things will be okay. Again this will change your life for the better in a different way. Take care on your ongoing journey, you know it will all be worth it.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Ruby.

You were absolutely, 100% right!

It went brilliantly and two weeks today I shall be having my apronectomy woo hoo! Thank you for putting me straight ;-))

Doodah xx

rubybling

That is fantastic news; I am so happy and proud for you. You will be a new woman (again!!!). Just think, when you have the surgery this time, all the risk factors you had before are all gone, so you are already in a better position to have the surgery. There will be no stopping you after that. Will all your friends and family be able to keep up with you?

Lauren
    Keymaster

Thank you so much Ruby.

It dawned on me yesterday how different this will be from my bypass. I was actually worried at one point that I might not make it when I was walking down that corridor to the operating theatre. I had written my will and left instructions about my funeral.

This time is SO different. I don’t drink, smoke or have high blood pressure and I’m not super-morbidly obese. I didn’t drink or smoke before but the other two factors, combined with bad asthma made for a very worrying time indeed. Now, although I still have asthma, arthritis and a few other problems, I’m in no more danger for a four hour operation than anyone else.

Wls has not just given me back my life – it has given me a better one.It’s also one that I can keep improving. I’m so, so grateful to Shaw Somers and all my friends and family for helping me to finally be healthier and happier after almost 25 years.

Doodah x

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media