Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Nervous Newbie

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Brightonbelle
    Participant

Hi All
    I am new to the forum and have taken so much information and support from reading the posts. What a brilliant bunch you all are. I have my first appointment with Mr Pring on Friday 18th and have decided on a gastric bypass as my best route to a happy and healthy new life. I have struggled all my life with my weight and have been a yo yo dieter for years. After much soul searching, I know that this is the way forward for me and can’t wait to meet Mr Pring. I will keep visiting the forum for all the fantastic support that it has given me this far!!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Brightonbelle 34795 wrote:

Hi All
    I am new to the forum and have taken so much information and support from reading the posts. What a brilliant bunch you all are. I have my first appointment with Mr Pring on Friday 18th and have decided on a gastric bypass as my best route to a happy and healthy new life. I have struggled all my life with my weight and have been a yo yo dieter for years. After much soul searching, I know that this is the way forward for me and can’t wait to meet Mr Pring. I will keep visiting the forum for all the fantastic support that it has given me this far!!

Hi Brightonbelle and welcome to our friendly forum.

I’m so glad you have found it supportive and informative. The people on here are absolutely marvellous. You couldn’t meet a nicer, funnier, honest and kind bunch of people.

Chris Pring is wonderful. An excellent surgeon, a kind man and totally up front about everything. Please send him my regards as I haven’t seen him for ages!

I’m so excited for you. You are right – it’s the way towards a happier, healthier life as anyone on here will tell you. It’s not a walk in the park but it is worth every little drawback (feeling cold is one of them, but for ladies of a certain age it can be a blessing haha!)

Please keep us all updated. New year – NEW YOU!!!

Doodah x

penny

Hi all.

can i ask silly question of the day, when you have your pouch where is it, as i have such pain in my side and wonder if when i eat it is the pouch thats painful and not the part where my band was removed, its been agony today, so any help of where my pouch is will make me feel better as i now worried. thanks lots love penny xxx

Boo22
    Participant

Hi…Welcome to this lovely group. Everyone is so supportive and friendly. Chris Pring did my bypass on the 27th November and I’m losing weight nicely already. He is a lovely man and will put you at ease immediately! Look forward to getting to know you.
    Boo xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@penny 34798 wrote:

Hi all.

can i ask silly question of the day, when you have your pouch where is it, as i have such pain in my side and wonder if when i eat it is the pouch thats painful and not the part where my band was removed, its been agony today, so any help of where my pouch is will make me feel better as i now worried. thanks lots love penny xxx

Hi Penny. I have answered your question on the other thread. i hope you are feeling ok. Get in touch with your team as you shouldn’t be in pain. If you are a private patient and need to speak to someone out of hours, please call: 0845 8385516. If you are really in pain, please consider going to your local A&E.

Take care sweetie.

Doodah x

penny

thanks so much i did call the hospital and spoke to anne marie, she will speak with chris pring, and get back to me, x

Kimberly
    Participant

@penny 34798 wrote:

Hi all.

can i ask silly question of the day, when you have your pouch where is it, as i have such pain in my side and wonder if when i eat it is the pouch thats painful and not the part where my band was removed, its been agony today, so any help of where my pouch is will make me feel better as i now worried. thanks lots love penny xxx[/QUOTEone lesson I learnt is I is that we tend to blame thing on our bypass , I did this and in fact I had UTI and then I had appendicitis . So alway get things checked out with your GP xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@penny 34805 wrote:

thanks so much i did call the hospital and spoke to anne marie, she will speak with chris pring, and get back to me, x

Fabulous. Glad you are being helped, Penny. Your team are there to help you every step of the way. Nothing you ask is ‘silly’ or ‘daft’ EVER.

Doodah x

Boo22
    Participant

Hello all…can’t contain my excitement!! Had my first follow up with the dietitian on Friday.
    I have lost just over a stone and a half since the beginning of this journey and am so happy!!! Clothes are feeling bigger..exercise and walking briskly is becoming easier and I went for my first post-op motorbike ride yesterday with a much looser jacket!! So glad that I chose to have this op and finally get control of the one thing that has driven me crazy for years!! Hope the other newbies feel as great as I do right now and thank you to all of the lovely ladies that have given their support and encouragement pre-op!
    Boo xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Boo22 34815 wrote:

Hello all…can’t contain my excitement!! Had my first follow up with the dietitian on Friday.
    I have lost just over a stone and a half since the beginning of this journey and am so happy!!! Clothes are feeling bigger..exercise and walking briskly is becoming easier and I went for my first post-op motorbike ride yesterday with a much looser jacket!! So glad that I chose to have this op and finally get control of the one thing that has driven me crazy for years!! Hope the other newbies feel as great as I do right now and thank you to all of the lovely ladies that have given their support and encouragement pre-op!
    Boo xx

I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to wake up to this fantastic post! I’m so, so happy for you, Boo. Everything will get better from now on. Well done on all your hard work so far. You are right on the money!

If you celebrate it, I hope you have a brilliant Christmas. You have so much to look forward to in the new year!

Doodah x

Boo22
    Participant

Thanks Doodah…saw a pic of me someone took of me today and can definitely see the difference already and feeling so happy!! xx Hope you are well and have had a good Xmas xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Boo22 34823 wrote:

Thanks Doodah…saw a pic of me someone took of me today and can definitely see the difference already and feeling so happy!! xx Hope you are well and have had a good Xmas xx

Aw, thanks Boo.

My Mum came home from hospital for a few hours Christmas day so it was fabulous. At one point she was laughing hysterically and said ‘I feel like I’m in a time warp. I’m sitting here opening presents and you girls are out in the kitchen doing all the cooking/cleaning/preparing.’ My Sister worked like a Trojan for hours doing all the cooking. I did the washing up and clearing. We had our Mum home – no presents needed.

I’m so glad you are starting to see the difference now, Boo. Isn’t it just fab?! Enjoy the Bank Holiday today if you are not working. 2016 will be YOUR year 🙂

Doodah x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media