Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Need help with food suggestions…………

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

hiya all well on wednesday i am 4weeks post-op which means im no longer on pureed food and can have the fork mashed fods YIPPPPPEEEE im so lookn forward to chewing food again rather excited lol………..
    i havent experienced any dumping syndrome or vomiting as of yet woooppeee so im doing something right and wat to carry on that way……
    well i was wondering if anyone had any tips on what to eat or any recipes im open to all offeres 🙂

i enjoy eggs and pretty much anything but im wantin to try new things and would rather cook up things instead of pre-buyin them but at the minute was just wondering wat u guys ate when u all started the mashed foods>>???

oh a random question i really enjoy batchalors chicken super noodles or should i say did enjoy them hehe and im wondering do anyone eat them now after the op and are they safe to eat without effects……..

hopefully chat to u all soon xx

Helen

cottage cheese, I eat alot of. Bananas, cottage pie, homemade fishcakes (very easy to make). Mash potato with corned beef or fish is another good one.

I tried doing myself scrambled egg but the smell turn me off 🙁

Irene

Hiya,

I can recommend using Carolthe cooks book Return to Slender which has loads of recipes for all stages of our journey.

Helen

Irene that is a darn good book….

karenb

Hi Guys
    Need to get this book asap………..where can i find it? xxxx.

Pinkdancer

Hi here is Carols website

http://www.bariatriccookery.com/ you can order it online.

hazelann70

I’m now in week 5 so about the same stage as you. I had half a slice of toast with a tiny bit of cheese on that, put a few baked beans on that with loads of juice (I use the low sugar beans) and topped it off with a lovely poached egg. I ate it very slow and got half way through and thoroughly enjoyed it all. Then had the other half later on that evening. Yesterday was a tiny tiny bit of chicken, stuffing, sweetcorn, carrot, broccoli and gravy with 1 tiny new potato. I don’t bother mashing it all as it soon does it after you’ve chewed each mouthful for 5 mins (esp with the chicken as that’s a bit dry so kept adding veg with it in my mouth). Didn’t have any problems at all. I know what you mean about the whole trying new flavours thing though. Still think I’ll puree my chicken korma though as the chicken was a pain in the arse to chew.

karenb

Hi Mandi
    Hope you are well xx
    Just ordered it…..thanks honey xx.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media