Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

need advice for pros and cons of gastric bypass

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    pluto

Hello Pluto
    I had my roux-en-y March 2008 and have lost nearly 12 st and have 2 st to lose to reach my goal. I found it an easy decision to have the surgery as I simply felt like I had no choice, I was not living, I was barely exisiting. I had crippling depression and suffered with terrible panic attacks and could not leave the house unless accompanied by my husband. Since loosing the weight my depression has lifted and I only get anxious in certain situations. I feel like I have been given a second chance at life. I am retraining to work in health and social care and hope to return to work this year. None of this would have been possible before. The surgery is not without its drawbacks but as far as I’m concerned worth it. Nearly two years on the only ‘problems’ I have is not being able to eat eggs or pasta and it is quite difficult eating out as you can’t eat very much but that doesn’t really bother me. I would recommend surgery to anyone who has had a long standing, serious weight problem that has blighted their lives and has just had enough. My main advice is to make sure you can cope emotionally with ‘loosing’ food as your comfort as some people find this quite difficult. I hope this helps and good luck whatever you decide!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media