Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

need advice for pros and cons of gastric bypass

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    pluto

Hi Pluto
    I had a RNY in Oct 2007. I have lost 7 stone and have kept a stable weight since then without any problem. (I am a size 14.) I was obsessed by food pre RNY, and was often consumed by guilt for overeating and binging on rubbish foods. All that has gone away now and I enjoy food without guilt. I do miss chocolate and I miss comfort eating when things don’t go right in my life. However, rather than eating my way through bad times, I just have to cope with it now which can be really hard at times.
    BUT, the rewards are worth it. No more huffing and puffing, no more sweating. No-one stares at me anymore. I don’t dread social situations anymore. I LOVE shopping for clothes! So much choice! I fit in the airplane seats comfortably, in fact I fit in any seat comfortably! I can cross my legs. I look in the mirror and don’t feel disgust anymore.
    I wish I had it done years ago.
    Only problems I have is I can’t tolerate milk very well. I became anaemic and needed an iron infusion. I also have a lot of loose skin (I am 39). A small price to pay in my opinion as the benefits outweigh these things considerably

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media