Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Nearly six years out …..

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 239 total)
  • Author
    vix

I’m on liquid only Hun, trust me I would be eating cabbage and sprouts they norm make me go …. Will try plain boiled water xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@vix 31453 wrote:

I’m on liquid only Hun, trust me I would be eating cabbage and sprouts they norm make me go …. Will try plain boiled water xxxx

Add a bit of lemon and lime juice (fresh) just to flavour it a bit. It’s not unpleasant at all x

treeza

Oh my gosh Vix you are having a tough time of it. I think you need to see your GP again Hun. It sounds like your bowel has become very sluggish post surgery. I know your not eating much but you should still pass something at least wind! Is your stomach hard & distended or soft? Can you ring the team who did your last operation? Take care x

vix

Have made myself get up and have a wander outside in the sunshine, what a lovley sunny day.

My energy levels are so low at the moment … I know they will improve shortly.

I have some things to look forward to, we have just purchased a static caravan so we will be escaping to the countryside most weekends with the dogs —- roll on the 1st of April.

At least I’m passing has now so the pipes have started creaking (that’s got to be a good sign) xxx

vix

Really don’t wanna give up, have just about had enough of feeling this way …. Guess I’m having a five minutes I feel sorry for myself time….

Time for another glass of water ….

Vix ;-(

Kimberly
    Participant

Oh you poor thing , is it time for the suppositories ? Ask your GP , if so remember always lay on your left side when popping them in x

Lauren
    Keymaster

I love nurses – nothing phases them! My Sister is the same.

Doodah x

vix

Morning well I think it’s afternoon now, had a really rough night. My mum came to see first thing she had me laying down and said my tummy isn’t rock hard …. But not soft either.

Well after a few hours sleep I’m back with you all …. Milky drink in front of me and a tv remote so things aren’t so bad.

Onwards and upwards

Vix

Ps still passing has out the pipe work nothing else yet x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@vix 31467 wrote:

Morning well I think it’s afternoon now, had a really rough night. My mum came to see first thing she had me laying down and said my tummy isn’t rock hard …. But not soft either.

Well after a few hours sleep I’m back with you all …. Milky drink in front of me and a tv remote so things aren’t so bad.

Onwards and upwards

Vix

Ps still passing has out the pipe work nothing else yet x

I think it’s time for you to see your GP again Vix. I wouldn’t be able to stand it for much longer if I were you!

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

I agree I would be needing gas and air plus a pipe to bite on x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Not only is it mightily uncomfortable but constipation on that level makes me feel really unwell, generally. I once went a month. A month! I was in hospital for 6 months with terrible HG in pregnancy (hyperemesis gravidarum, the same as The Duchess of Cambridge had but about a million times worse) and literally didn’t eat the whole time. I was nourished via drips and lines so nothing was going through my system. however, I got SO constipated that they used enema suppositories. My life did they work! The relief was so wonderful.

The human body is a wonder. My children were both born premature (I had HG in both pregnancies) but were not tiny as I had lost 6 stone in each pregnancy. My body literally fed me and my babies on my body fat. My daughter weighed 6 lbs and my son almost 7! If I had been slim, they would not be here. And yes, I gained back the weight really quickly after giving birth both times 🙁

Anyway, as usual I have digressed. Please see your GP Vix. And would you tell us how you get on please. i’m beginning to get a bit worried for you as it’s a particular ‘thing’ of mine lol!

Doodah x

treeza

Vix I really think you need to see your GP again. You need to get this sorted. Doodah you’re right it does make you feel grotty & jolly uncomfortable & it’s really bad for you. All that unwanted waste sitting around! Good luck Vix xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Trust a nurse to tell it like it is. I LOVE it!

vix

Have booked an appointment with the GP can’t go till Monday thou, John said that if I get pain he’s taking me to a&e.

To be honest it’s getting me down now, something should have happened ….

Vix

Kimberly
    Participant

Phone your team x

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 239 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media