Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Nearly six years out …..

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

• This topic has 238 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by vix.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 239 total)
  • Author
    vix

Hi Kimberly

I have both of them somewhere in the house, I really should dig them out.

Have got the boys today, so wanted to take them to the cinema … Still not up to it. So I have one on the xbox and the other on the play station … Feel so guilty as we only see them every other week and both times I have been poorly….they have their dad and that’s the main thing hopefully Connor will come in and see me for a bit, he is my little cutie pie my children are in there 20’s and having a 7yr old around me is fantastic xxxx

vix

Oh my days, I went to bed at 11 am this morning and have only just woken up….. What am I like x

Kimberly
    Participant

Vix that’s good you need to rest and sleep to heal , and how how loverly to have little ones around x just rest drink ant heal this weekend x

vix

Well the weekend is nearly over … My pipe work still isn’t working ….. I’m to frightened to take 8 sachets of movicol have tried two this morning in 250mls of water …. Plus I have drank about 2.5 lt of water plus oxo’s and milky coffee.

Kimberly
    Participant

Let’s hope you have some results tomorrow x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Any ‘news’ Vix? Don’t be scared to use the suggested dosage of Movicol. It is very gentle. When I’m desperate, I take two Dulcolax. But make sure I’m not really tired because BOY do they work!!

Dulcolax tablets – medicines and drugs – NHS Choices

Check that you are ok to use them though. You can buy ones with a ‘softening’ agent too – that helps enormously.

I know some may find this topic embarrassing but it’s one that we all need to discuss really 😉

Doodah x

vix

Nope not a rumble in tummy …. Fink 8 sachets here I come …. Fink my pipe work is well rusted up he he he xxx

Kimberly
    Participant

It’s embarrassing but if i get constipated I bleed really badly from my piles , honestly it’s really bad . I have needed them injected in the past , I use dulcolax and it does get thing moving , x

Lauren
    Keymaster

I have told this tale before but I warn you it might be TMI for some of you. I was once so desperate I tried to ‘help’ things along with a spoon and some rubber gloves! I ended up at the Doctors with tears and in great need of a rubber ring on which to sit. Don’t ever let it get that bad.

The best thing of all is plenty of water. I now have hot water with fresh lemon in it. If all else fail very strong, hot coffee works too. Always check with your team though as, from what I have just shared with you all, you can see I am not qualified to give clinical advice! My eyes are watering again now just thinking about it. My GP (whom I had known since I was 17) actually giggled at my botched attempt lol! She then held my hand and said ‘You must have been SO desperate.’ Understatement of the century!!

Doodah x

vix

Have been a bit light headed today, have just made some watery soup ….. Having plenty if water not going to leave it to much longer xxx a kid you not to hear a fart would be good news at this point xxx

vix

Have just had 10 spoons of lactose syrup, i will go to the toilet xxxx

vix

Nothing’s happened again this morning, ummmm will try another lot then I’m going back to the doctors xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Oh my goodness Vix! You must feel so uncomfortable you poor little thing. I completely agree that you should give it one more go then refer back to your GP. You can’t go on like that.

Doodah x

vix

Tummy is making a few noises, but just not producing anything …. 🙁 xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

I know it is an old Chestnut but water is the thing. Especially hot water for some reason. And for me personally really dark green, leafy veg. I LOVE cabbage/spinach water with a spoonful of marmite in it. I have given up Marmite for lent though!!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 239 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media