Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Nearly six years out …..

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 14 posts - 226 through 239 (of 239 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

@vix 31873 wrote:

Not had a bad day, but feel like I have eaten a bit to much …. Don’t feel uncomfortable or anything like that guess it’s more in my head it’s that little devil saying you have eaten too much, I just walked by the fridge and I could hear the Quorn mini eggs calling to let them out so had to eat three for supper, so took me over 1200 cals ….

Today’s food

Honey roasted salmon (breakfast)

Honey roasted salmon (lunch)

Yogurt

Roast chicken n salad (dinner)

3 mini eggs ( voices calling me)

3 latte’s skinny

So not a bad day just seems a lot x

I want to hear all about the quorn mini eggs please!!

I don’t think it is important to concentrate on calories right now – nutrition is far more important. There is nothing ‘bad’ on that list at all as far as I can see unless you had a massive blob of full fat mayonnaise on the salad! However, I am not a dietitian and cannot give you actual advice. If you are at all worried about it, please contact your team. It’s what they are there for and will never make you feel like you are being a nuisance (or dim as in my case!)

Anyway, I am now going to search for Quorn mini eggs! keep up the good work!

Doodah x

ps I answered this yesterday but my internet cut out just as I posted it grrrr!

vix

I love the Quorn mini eggs brilliant little snack …. Lol I can’t stand mayo or tomato sauce salad cream etc to the point I can’t even wash a plate up that’s had it on it.

Just felt like I had eaten bucket loads yesterday xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

It will feel like a bucket load because you have a teeny weeny little stomach now 😉

Doodah x

vix

Two days no pain killers, 🙂 not had a good week food wise the ole carb monster came back to beat me with a stick …. Was sick last night had a bit if homemade lasagne…. Never again ….. So did my first walk with both my dogs this morning now that a work out. Scrambled egg for brekkie with a slice of melted cheese this is not gonna beat me …. Now sitting down having a oxo’s drink xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@vix 31900 wrote:

Two days no pain killers, 🙂 not had a good week food wise the ole carb monster came back to beat me with a stick …. Was sick last night had a bit if homemade lasagne…. Never again ….. So did my first walk with both my dogs this morning now that a work out. Scrambled egg for brekkie with a slice of melted cheese this is not gonna beat me …. Now sitting down having a oxo’s drink xxxx

I use quorn to reduce fat intake. It is perfect for things like spag bol and lasagne as you don’t have the double whammy of carbs and fat. I can’t always tolerate scrambled egg – how weird is that? It has to be really ‘runny’. I can do boiled and poached no worries but omelette or scrambled have to be approached with caution.

Mmm, Oxo drink – might just have to have one. Unless it counts as ‘Marmite’. I’m off it for Lent haha! No Twiglets either

Doodah x x

Kimberly
    Participant

I still two days to marmite doodah

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 31903 wrote:

I still two days to marmite doodah

I’m now counting the HOURS! I have a relative who is Vegan and she keeps telling me that Unilever, who own the Marmite brand, are shocking in their treatment of animals and I should have one of the own brand yeast extracts instead….not happening I’m afraid. I’m not vegan and never will be. I’m not enamoured of radicals and object to bring told what to eat on moral grounds.

Cripes, that turned into a rant!! Sorry!

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Ha ha , well long time ago before children I asked hubby to go into what I thought was a whole food/ vegetarian shop and buy beef flavoured soya mince . They were horrified as they were a vegan shop,!!!. I also worked with a lady who whole family was a vegan including her dog , I think the dog had problems with the diet and would run off and try and hunt birds , rabbits ect !!!!!

Hi Doodah!
    Yes falafel! Love them!
    Do you make your own?
    I would eat these..
    Julie xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 31910 wrote:

Ha ha , well long time ago before children I asked hubby to go into what I thought was a whole food/ vegetarian shop and buy beef flavoured soya mince . They were horrified as they were a vegan shop,!!!. I also worked with a lady who whole family was a vegan including her dog , I think the dog had problems with the diet and would run off and try and hunt birds , rabbits ect !!!!!

Oh my life, that is so upsetting! How on earth could you expect a dog to be healthy on a vegan diet? vegetarian – yes – but vegan? I thinks that’s awful. I also believe children should be allowed to have a say in what they eat too. I remember being forced to eat carrots as a child. I still HATE them so what good did it do?!

I’m off again haha! It must be Marmite deficiency masking me mad lol :-@

Doodah x

treeza

Not long now until you can eat marmite Sue :9)x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Well, I had TWO slices of toast and Marmite on Sunday morning. I then felt sick for hours as I normally only have one. No one to blame but myself!

I have never really been a morning person food-wise. Not ever really liked a ‘full English’ or anything. I used to have two slices of toast and Marmite and on holiday maybe a poached egg on top. However, I will eat Marmite throughout the day too! Nothing yummier than either Iceberg lettuce or cucumber and Marmite sandwich.

Doodah x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Vic, I do feel for you, losing a child is never easy and to have this complication on top, my prayers go out to you. I suffered a twisted bowl a year after my gastric bypass so I can empathise with you, that sort of pain is like no other, mine was complicated by the local hospital not wanting to deal with it because of my bypass, so I got shipped, special delivery, to Chichester, thank goodness for Chris Pring, that man is a god….. but in a way it was great cos I got treated like a ‘normal’ person because by then I’d managed to lose about seven stone, in a weird sort of way that made me better able to cope with the recovery. Anyway, hang in there and get plenty of rest and pampering, the rest will come good, it always does.

Lots of love to you.
    Lesley
    xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Great, positive post. Thanks Lesley. It really does make a difference to know that someone else has experienced the same things after surgery and come through with flying colours.

Doodah x

Viewing 14 posts - 226 through 239 (of 239 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media