Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Nearly six years out …..

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 239 total)
  • Author
    vix

Not managed my 2.25 lts of water today …. Do u count your milk as part of your liquid intake ? I managed 1.6lts xxx

Kimberly
    Participant

I have a milky drink coffee and option at night I count it as a snack and fluid . I pint milk

Kimberly
    Participant

I made a weirded chicken curry casserole today and a Shepard pie . I’m going to turn the chicken into a home made curry pie which they all eat , I just have the inside with lots of veg . That will do us two for a few days , I’m lucky my other half doesn’t mind eating the same meal two day running . I been finding meat a bit hard to digest unless it’s in a lot of liquid . I keep trying fish but it seems to get stuck . Cauliflower and broccoli cheese, and macaroni cheese with broccoli . Made SW style with low fat cheese I’m finding easier to eat . I even managed some lamb liver . Haven’t had rice yet but to be honest once I eaten the protein and veg I haven’t got room for carbs . I found some good recipes on sparkle recipes .
    I also started making my own yogurts it taste loverly , I just add some of the sugar free syrups to flavour then
    hope you have a good night
    x

vix

Morning Kimberly,

Been awake most of the night, how do you make your in yogurt or am I just bring a typical blonde xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@vix 31694 wrote:

Not managed my 2.25 lts of water today …. Do u count your milk as part of your liquid intake ? I managed 1.6lts xxx

Water is preferable but all fluids count. I get most of mine via tea.

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 31698 wrote:

I made a weirded chicken curry casserole today and a Shepard pie . I’m going to turn the chicken into a home made curry pie which they all eat , I just have the inside with lots of veg . That will do us two for a few days , I’m lucky my other half doesn’t mind eating the same meal two day running . I been finding meat a bit hard to digest unless it’s in a lot of liquid . I keep trying fish but it seems to get stuck . Cauliflower and broccoli cheese, and macaroni cheese with broccoli . Made SW style with low fat cheese I’m finding easier to eat . I even managed some lamb liver . Haven’t had rice yet but to be honest once I eaten the protein and veg I haven’t got room for carbs . I found some good recipes on sparkle recipes .
    I also started making my own yogurts it taste loverly , I just add some of the sugar free syrups to flavour then
    hope you have a good night
    x

Do you have a yoghurt maker Kim or are you doing it some other way? Would love to know. I really enjoy yoghurt but when you read the labels, they quite scary! Low fat=chemical storm in my opinion!

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

I got anew easyyo but I’m going to try it with a starter an uht milk

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 31705 wrote:

I got anew easyyo but I’m going to try it with a starter an uht milk

Ooh, my friend has one of those and said it was brilliant. May have to treat myself for Mother’s day!

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Morning Vix how are you today ? I got an easyyo kit the low fat Greek yogurts are so rich yummy . But they are are about £3 to make . It last a week but it the taste . I read you can make it with a starter just live yogurt and uht milt going to have a go at that . You can add it to mash potatoes , sauces , and even strain it through a cloth to make home made soft cheese . I still have greedy eyes made bean on toast for breakfast . Managed half of it , when will my eyes catch up with my pouch ?

Lauren
    Keymaster

Possibly never 100% of the time Kim. But, gradually and with practice, you will probably achieve it 99% of the time 😉

Don’t forget we have to undo a lifetime of habits….

Doodah x

vix

I just got jealous eyes this morning, came down stairs and the other half was looking at pictures of his ex on Facebook …. Don’t know what to say I’m not the most confident person in the world and it’s just knocked me for six… Even to the point I can’t even face brekkie this morning xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@vix 31709 wrote:

I just got jealous eyes this morning, came down stairs and the other half was looking at pictures of his ex on Facebook …. Don’t know what to say I’m not the most confident person in the world and it’s just knocked me for six… Even to the point I can’t even face brekkie this morning xxx

Do you know why he was looking at them? Is there a valid reason? Try not to jump to conclusions Vix. I’m trying to get tickets for Kate Bush on Friday morning when they go on release. They are for my husband and a female colleague. I don’t want to go and neither does her partner so it is the best result. It hasn’t entered my head for one moment to be put out or jealous. Try to think why your other half looking at pics of his ex has made you feel jealous. But whatever you do, don’t neglect yourself.

The new, confident you will emerge soon, so make sure she is fit and raring to go! Have you told him how you feel?

don’t answer any of this if you don’t want to. This is not a closed site. You can however, send private messages. Sometimes all we need is for someone to listen to us isn’t it?

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Vix hope your ok today , your still recovering from surgery , I find I get a bit funny after an anaesthetics , I don’t sleep well and I think I get initially a bit of a buzz !!!!! Weirded ( like trying to hoover3/4 days post op )and then I get a bit tearful . Eventually I get sorted but it can take me about 4 weeks to get the drugs out of my body . But I am very sensitive I would get very tipsy on 1 glass of wine prior to surgery .

kellbell

Hi, haven’t wrote for a while but I read daily to keep me going n for support as I’m still waiting for my surgery date. But my mum had a bypass in 2004.

My mum was suffering with iron deficiency and had to have a iron transfusion hair had fallen out and just looked drained every day.

Now she makes a juice a day as a snack replacement and this has really helped.

Juice beetroot high in iron ,spinach you can juice everything go with more vegetables then fruit so you don’t have to much sugar.

Her hair is growing back and face looks better everyday. X

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Kellbell, nice to hear from you again!

I bought some fresh beetroot yesterday! I love it. Hate it pickled but freshly cooked it is one of my very favourite vegetables. I also like spinach, watercress and rocket to drink after it has been ‘zizzed’ as my family call it! Actually, I would say I eat way more veg than fruit. Not sure if that is ‘right’ but it works for me 😉

So glad to hear your Mum is getting healthier. My own personal experience is to wonder whether I sometimes think my bypass has caused a problem when in fact my advancing years have lol!

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 239 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media