Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Nealy 4 years out…..

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    treeza

I must clarify I came close to representing but didn’t actually represent :9( I loved it & even though I say so myself was pretty good at shot put, pretty good at discus & useless at javelin. My coach would have liked me to do all 3! She used to tell my parents I could go to the Olympics! Not sure that was entirely true but certainly boosted my confidence! I’d love to try throwing again just to see how far I could throw now? ;0)x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@treeza 31276 wrote:

I must clarify I came close to representing but didn’t actually represent :9( I loved it & even though I say so myself was pretty good at shot put, pretty good at discus & useless at javelin. My coach would have liked me to do all 3! She used to tell my parents I could go to the Olympics! Not sure that was entirely true but certainly boosted my confidence! I’d love to try throwing again just to see how far I could throw now? ;0)x

You must have been brilliant then Treeza! I only ever represented Hampshire!! Your height must have been such an advantage 😉 Bet you could have been great at hurdles too.

Doodah x

treeza

Oh no none of that running nonsense although she did used to make me train with the sprinters to get my speed across the ring faster! She was a witch with a capital B!!! :0)))) I loved her really. I’ve got a picture of me doing it I will have to post it :0)))x oh & my right boobie is still much bigger than my left I’m sure it was from all the extra working of that side :0)) ok TMI!

Kimberly
    Participant

Wow get you two this is amazing , do you think your both love sporty things still , Do you like to watch sport? . Would you still like to do some thing like that again or different sport like archery , fencing .. It’s just that this WLS has open up new experiences that I never considered before but I can now .

Me too, Doodah!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 31283 wrote:

Wow get you two this is amazing , do you think your both love sporty things still , Do you like to watch sport? . Would you still like to do some thing like that again or different sport like archery , fencing .. It’s just that this WLS has open up new experiences that I never considered before but I can now .

I did fencing as a youngster as part of my singing training (Opera) as it build upper body strength and improves posture. I loved it. My daughter took up archery as an adult and got very good at it. She just chose to do it out of the blue and the instructor couldn’t believe she had never done it before! Just goes to prove that there could be umpteen things we might be good at but we will never know because we don’t try!

I used to love ice skating but wouldn’t dream of doing anything in such a cold atmosphere now! I used to play for a pub darts team – now THAT is something I could get into again – especially since they banned smoking in pubs! It is so sociable and great fun. I still have a dartboard up in the garage so maybe I ought to dust it down and start practising again?

That’s the beauty of wls, we can now consider virtually anything we want to do, and give it a go. Who knows – one of us might be the next swimming/running/cycling/cricket/golf champion of our town!!? How cool would that be?

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Teresashotput2_zps0f8cf0d2.jpg

Teresashotput_zps482727f0.jpg

Our very own Treeza in action. Look at those legs. Treeza gave me permission to post these pics by the way 😉

treeza

Many years ago I must add. I think I was about 15?! Oh to be that slim now. I thought I was fat back then. :0)x happy memories x

treeza

Thank you Sue x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Treeza, with the effort and determination you are showing right now, I have no doubt that you will once again both look and feel as good as you do in those photos 😉

Doodah x

Hi Treeza!
    Just seen your lovely photos!
    Great legs!
    It’s amazing to think what we used to be able to do!
    You can do anything you want – you are a very determined lady…
    Hope you are well.
    Julie xx

treeza

Sooo my years ago Julie but I have very find memories of those days. :0)x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Isn’t it a shame we didn’t have Facebook or Instagram back then? I have hardly any photos of me at school.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media