Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Nealy 4 years out…..

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 31232 wrote:

Oh doodah I use to bunk off sports and hide out having a sneaky cigarette , but I did dance a lot which I would still like to do I’ve so I’m going to try Zumba next once my fitness has improved .

Haha! I know I hated cross country running. Short bursts of very fast running for me! And anything to do with launching things! I was (Hampshire) female champion at Javelin all through school. Nothing that involved any finesse lol! My friend Joanna could sail over hurdles like they didn’t exist – she was almost 6′ tall though! When I tried it I just bashed up my shins so badly that they were sore for weeks! Great fun though – for Joanna!

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Wow Hampshire you were really good then

Hi Doodah!
    You were the athletic Miss!!
    I’ll never be that good- at school I would always have an excuse to get out of lessons.
    These lessons still haunt me today!
    I’ve got my eye on an Aqua Zumba class, body conditioning very low impact, and I will try the gym induction.
    I will wait until I have seen Chris Pring in 3 weeks.
    I did have a walking machine once but I sold it! Doh!!
    Walking is what I am happy doing at the moment!
    Julie x

Hi Kimberly!
    I’m so glad that you are feeling a good buzz from all your hard work!
    I must admit I do like the buzz too!
    When I was 30 I loved the step classes and the buzz from that!
    I’ve not really exercised in 15 years, oh! And I tried line dancing once, but I wasn’t very good at it!
    We have just got to try something to help loose the pounds!
    Have a good evening,
    Julie xx

Kimberly
    Participant

It’s such a shame we live so far away we could have done Zumba together .

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 31236 wrote:

Wow Hampshire you were really good then

I think my low centre of gravity (short) was a bonus. Plus when I was a youngster, I was very, very strong. I could beat any man at arm wrestling haha! Plus we had the hottest PE teacher. He looked like the Dad from ‘Little house of the Prairie’ and was very popular with the girls… I’m still in touch with him (and quite a few other of my teachers) and he is still a wonderfully inspirational man. I LOVED school and cried when I had to leave!

If I didn’t have so many chronic health problems, i would love to be that sporty again. Oh well, I’m here – alive and kicking and for that I am eternally grateful to Shaw Somers and all the Streamline team.

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@830830 31237 wrote:

Hi Doodah!
    You were the athletic Miss!!
    I’ll never be that good- at school I would always have an excuse to get out of lessons.
    These lessons still haunt me today!
    I’ve got my eye on an Aqua Zumba class, body conditioning very low impact, and I will try the gym induction.
    I will wait until I have seen Chris Pring in 3 weeks.
    I did have a walking machine once but I sold it! Doh!!
    Walking is what I am happy doing at the moment!
    Julie x

Aqua Zumba? That sounds highly intriguing Julie. i can’t wait to here what that is like 😉

Doodah x

I haven’t a clue what it is but I love a good old thrash about in the water!!!!
    I will have to wait a while before I can go in the pool right?
    Julie x

treeza

Ooh I like the sound of aqua Zumba too! I will have to look into it! Julie give yourself a few weeks & you’ll be up to it x

treeza

Doodah believe it or not I used to throw the shot put & disco! I did very well & came close to representing my country but threw for matabeleland which I guess is like a county in Zimbabwe. I couldn’t ever get to grips with the javelin! My coach used to laugh at me! :0) I loved it until boys came on the scene!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@830830 31249 wrote:

I haven’t a clue what it is but I love a good old thrash about in the water!!!!
    I will have to wait a while before I can go in the pool right?
    Julie x

Yes, a few more weeks yet for aqua zumba, Julie. Even though the water will support you, it’s still quite a work out I should imagine and your tiny tum will get bounced about quite a bit! It really does sound good though. I’m not comfortable being in deep water – I only learned to swim two years ago! I had to as I was going to the Maldives. I must check it out as it sounds such good fun!

Doodah x

clairec

Hi,
    I am aiming for aqua zumba and aqua aerobics too. The only problem is that the ladder will be a problem for my back. They do have an accessible hoist thingy but the weight limit is not very high so I will have to wait a bit. A pool with steps rather than a ladder would be better really.
    Take care
    Claire

Lauren
    Keymaster

I did shot and discus too Theresa (I love that auto correct made it ‘disco’ on your post lol!) Boys were a terrible distraction at 15/16 weren’t they? You must have been really good to represent your country! You have the advantage of being tall – much more efficient than my just launching it as hard as I could but somehow managing to get it pretty far haha!

Would you ever like to take up a sport again? Many people do and I think it’s fantastic. One of our lovely members has just joined a running club. I’m in awe I really am. I think the only thing I could take up again is spectating 😉

Doodah x

Hi Treeza!
    Welcome back!!
    I’ve no idea what it is- must be like aqua aerobics or something like that.
    It’s listed as one of the classes on offer at the local sports centre near me .
    I haven’t joined up yet- I will when I have had my appointment with Chris Pring in 3 weeks assuming all is well.
    I’ve bought some swimming costumes to wear too- now I have a choice!
    I’m so impressed to read that you did the shot put, and was good enough to represent your country!! WOW!!
    I was always rubbish at all things sporty but I have always liked walking and dancing.
    Last time I went swimming- I could only do 2 lengths!
    Julie

Lauren
    Keymaster

Two lengths is like the English channel to me Julie!

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media