Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

My WLS

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    SuzieQ

Finally I have saved (& borrowed) enough money to begin my journey of weightloss and I have my first appointment on Thursday, 17 Feb with Guy Slater at Harrow, now I’m worried that something will make us late and I will have to start all over again lol….my son is taking me there and he isn’t the most patient of people and keeps asking me how long we will be there, I dare not tell him it’s going to be a few hours I’ve just advised him to take some reading material!!:wink:

I’m also wondering if I have given all the diets a good enough chance to work or could I have tried harder, longer? (as if 30+ yrs wasn’t long enough!) I guess I’m feeling that I’m a bit of a failure and that it’s a lot of money to spend on myself :ohwell: What if I don’t loae the weight all that money wasted….OMG did anyone else have these thoughts?
    glitterfy0153523T838D31.gif X

Rachmz

Hi hun,
    i am guessing you are having to go privately?? I did myself and it was the best decission of my life, I also had Guy Slater and he is a lovely man and will guide you in what he feels is best for you, he along with the rest of the team are all lovely! Keep us updated on your journey!
    Best of luck
    Rach xxx

Anonymous

Suzie, its only money…dont you deserve it? Of course you do…
    Just a shame your having to go private….

You wont regret it and NO you wont fail either. Shake them doubts out of your system, they are very negative and the only thing negative in WLS is the pounds you lose.

Your journey will be worth every single penny I am sure….

Buzz x

Pinkdancer

Hi Suzie

Selfish !!! to want to be around and healthy for your family in the future, I would say that is the least selfish thing to do, don’t you??

This journey is about getting you into a fit and healthy place, and so enable you to make positive contributions to this world and that can only be a good thing. You won’t regret it, it is not an easy journey but a very worthwhile one, so go forward with a positive attitude and know you have the support of all your friends on here, which believe me are worth more than the weight they have lost in gold.

So keep in touch with us and we will support you and don’t give the money another thought – think of what you have wasted on the diets over the years, and did they work?? This is the start of a very exciting journey to the rest of your life.

Stay positive and well x

Let us know how you get on, on Thursday xx

Ms Ellie

Now listen here mrs…. You and I have chatted before about this and I know that you have had to put other commitments before yourself you have waited long enough and now this is your time. I’m so happy that you have got the funds now and that you’re ready to rock and roll!!! Please don’t feel selfish by doing this as you are so worth it!!! Seeing guy slater next week is the start of your wonderful journey much love to you suzie and keep us posted xxxx

SuzieQ

You guys are so awsome and good for the soul, thank you so much for your kind words. I’m looking forward to sharing my journey with you and heres hoping that I get a date real soon.

Thank you for your support and I’ll keep you posted as to how it goes Thursday.
    Take care all xx

Ms Ellie

You’re so very welcome suzie xxx

SuzieQ

Just to update – I went to Harrow Clinic yesterday, we managed to get lost but still ended up being 40 minutes early! The clinic staff are lovely. After seeing the doctor and dietician I got to meet the lovely Guy Slater and so typical of being under pressure forgot to ask a few questions such as do I need to stop taking my medication before my op and if so at what point? The doctor was saying that medication in capsules were a problem but I forgot to ask what I should do about it, I take a slow release tablet everyday which is in a capsule…I thought I would talk to my GP but not sure what to say to him about it.

Anyhoo…. as some of you are already aware I am more than ready for the op so before leaving the clinic I booked my surgery for 15 March with Guy Slater and then panicked when I got home and realised that I only have a week plus a few days before I will need to start the milk diet lol, I think Una said that I will be called for pre-op assessment about three weeks before (which is next week!).
    I was dreading telling work but went in and just told them, I didn’t even mention that I could have gone in April or later and so it’s all sorted. Just two weeks at work to do as I also told them I wanted the week before off as annual leave…..Done and dusted! Well nearly lol

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Sue,
    Good for you girl and about time you put you first. My op is on 23rd March down in Chichester and I will need to find out about what medication that I am on will I have to stop plus like you I am on one that is capsule so Iam going to see my GP and ask her all the questions I don’t get to ask when I am at St Richard’s because I am normally to excited about being there all questions go straight out my head. I have my pre-op on the 3rd of March and start my milk diet on the 9th and I can’t wait to start it as I know that at the end of that I wil have my op and my new life will start. Good luck with your pre-op and your op and keep us all posted.
    Elaine xx

SuzieQ

@Ganny 12720 wrote:

Hi Sue,
    Good for you girl and about time you put you first. My op is on 23rd March down in Chichester and I will need to find out about what medication that I am on will I have to stop plus like you I am on one that is capsule so Iam going to see my GP and ask her all the questions I don’t get to ask when I am at St Richard’s because I am normally to excited about being there all questions go straight out my head. I have my pre-op on the 3rd of March and start my milk diet on the 9th and I can’t wait to start it as I know that at the end of that I wil have my op and my new life will start. Good luck with your pre-op and your op and keep us all posted.
    Elaine xx

Good luck to you as well Elaine, I shall be calling into my GP as well. I’m still in a bit of a daze lol

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Sue,
    Abit of a daze is not the word for it, it has been such a rollar coaster of emotions that suddenly to be presented with a date a week ago last Friday was to much for me and after a weekend of being very quiet and thoughtful it all came out last Monday and I finially lost it, was all for cancelling op, so many self doubts, would I cope with after the op etc. but the other half sat me down and talked to me and I went to bed in floods of tears but woke the next morning more positive than I had ever been and strange as it may sound just can’t wait to start the milk diet and know at the end of that that the old Elaine will have gone and a new one will be arriving. Have you read Ms Ellie’s blog, if you havn’t then you must, I can relate to everything she says and I just hope I get the same results.
    Elaine xx

Ms Ellie

Hi sue so glad you have got a date now, so really pleased for you as I know you have wanted this for a long time. We all forget something or other when we meet up with the surgeons but don’t worry because the streamline team are there to help you with any queries you may have. All the bet huni and be sure to keep us posted

Much love Ellie xxxx

SuzieQ

Elaine, glad you are back on course, I’m sure I will go through the stage of doubting etc it seems that most of us do at some point lol. At the moment I am being paranoid about anyone with a cold etc…madness isn’t it?
    I’m sure you will be fine, we both will and in several months time we will both be slimmer and in a much better place. Feel free to PM me we can have our own little support team :).
    Take care of yourself and let me know how you are getting on.
    Lots of love and hugs xx

SuzieQ

@Ms Ellie 12738 wrote:

Hi sue so glad you have got a date now, so really pleased for you as I know you have wanted this for a long time. We all forget something or other when we meet up with the surgeons but don’t worry because the streamline team are there to help you with any queries you may have. All the bet huni and be sure to keep us posted

Much love Ellie xxxx

Thank you Ellie, I can’t wait.
    I have told everyone at work that I’m going for an op so will be off for a while. I’m taking a week off work so only got to cope with one week of the diet at work (actually 4 days) so not too bad. I work for a large hospital and people are assuming that I will be there…won’t they be surprised when I’m not! If anyone has asked me directly I’ve told them that I’m going elsewhere but of course with all the legislation around they can’t ask me directly so all is cool. Quite what they will say when I start losing weight I don’t know lol.
    That losers bench must be getting quite full by now, but can’t wait to join everyone! 🙂

SuzieQ

Haven’t updated for a while so thought I’d say how things are going 🙁 Last night I went out with my mum and had some chicken with salad (doing the low carb diet) but OMG did I feel poorly afterwards all I wanted to do was get rid of what I’d eaten anyway took some gaviscon and went to bed, not a very comfortable night and the thought of having to eat another salad or meat nearly finished me off so didn’t eat anything until 6.30pm tonight. I have been drinking fluids but have had the headache from hell for the last couple of days and feel so cold. Not sure quite how to move forward as I really don’t feel that grand and so very tired. Guess it will pass. I’m not used to eating that much meat, rarely have it so maybe that’s not helping.
    I’m sure I will be feeling better in a couple of days…only one work day to get through then I’m on holiday for a week so looking forward to that 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media