Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

My progress

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    luckyflower

Hi just thought I would up date you all with my progress. Had my post op check up on the 21st December just not had chance to spend time on here to tell you how i got on. I have lost 3 stone 10 pounds!!!! (including stone on pre op) so lost over 10 weeks. I am so happy.

Been strange Christmas am now on solid foods and chewing, still need to chew more and slow down! Keep eating too fast and end up in pain. Have also had few extras which I will cut out now back at work.

BEST BITS, Above all clothes too big. Am enjoying walking! am not breathless playing with my children. But one of the best things for me is I can now buy my tights at the supermarket, still need to get XL but at least I am getting there. I don’t have to visit a shopping centre to go to the outsize store.! Yippee All in all I am looking forward to this year and more weight loss! Even lost weight over Christmas, now lost the 4 pounds to make the 4 stone. :clap2::

kathc

Well done Hun – its such a fab feeling . I still haven’t got my head around the fact I can pretty much buy clothes from any store now ( rather than a select few !!) and I don’t think twice running up and down stairs after the kids !!

Keep up the good work and yes slow down when eating !! I am heading to 6 months post op and often get complacent and eat too fast !! And pay !!

Katherine .

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

ruby tuesday

Well done Lucky, am thrilled for you, great weight loss, and so pleased you are happy, will be lovely to hear about your progress through the year. xx

Gayle

Well done Luckyflower you’re doing fantastically! Won’t recognise you at the next meeting! X

Doodah
    Keymaster

Congratulations Lucky – you are doing brillaintly well. I’m right with you on the tights thing! It was virtually impossible to buy any tights whatsover when I weighed 26+ stone but I needed them to stop chafing my thighs raw if I wore a skirt. I remember having to pay £16 a pair ordered on the internet from the USA! I can now even buy the cheap pairs in drug/convenient stores woo hoo! Keep up the good work 😉

Doodah x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Lucky

Well done, you’re doing so well, keep up the good work. You’d get on ton the fast eating, it’s still early days for you and it will get better, just give it time.

Right there with you on the tights thing, I used to love wearing dresses and skirts before I put the weight on then it was trousers as doodah said, gettiing them to fit was a nightmare but, here I am, with a wardrobe of more dresses and skirts than trousers, (only 2 pairs now) and loving every minute of it, even got a pair of fancy patterned tights now I’ve found my legs again (he he !!!)

Hang in there Lucky, it just gets so much better from now on, it’s all down hill.

Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxx

luckyflower

Hi all thanks for all the encouraging comments, Gayle yes I hope you will see a difference.
    Went to see hairdresser today and she was shocked at how much I have lost. She did say wow so much off your face, (made me smile, 4 stone off my face!!!!)

Gayle

Lol 4 stone of your face!! I hadn’t worn a skirt or dress for nearly 13 years! My clothes consisted of black trousers (usually the same pair as had trouble getting them to fit!) and black top! I only wore black! Now I have lots of lovely dresses! Thank goodness for sale season!! Never been excited about sales before!! Just need to sort my lily white legs our now as they haven’t seen the sun in quite a few years!! See you soon lucky flower x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Deifersmum 21114 wrote:

Hi Lucky

Well done, you’re doing so well, keep up the good work. You’d get on ton the fast eating, it’s still early days for you and it will get better, just give it time.

Right there with you on the tights thing, I used to love wearing dresses and skirts before I put the weight on then it was trousers as doodah said, gettiing them to fit was a nightmare but, here I am, with a wardrobe of more dresses and skirts than trousers, (only 2 pairs now) and loving every minute of it, even got a pair of fancy patterned tights now I’ve found my legs again (he he !!!)

Hang in there Lucky, it just gets so much better from now on, it’s all down hill.

Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxx

Me too Lesley. Black tights with silver spots on Woo Hoo!!!

Lucky, that really made me laugh ‘Four stone off your face’ haha! I probably have lost almost that off my face seeing that I started at 26+ stone! WLS changes absolutely everything doesn’t it? They say that lucky people make thier own luck and I honestly believe there is a huge element of truth in that. We feel luck, therefore, we act lucky which other people see and feel. It makes us look and seem positive/lucky. Employers love that and so do new people we come across. It’s almost like it’s contagious!! I’m so happy for you. Well done on your hard work. xxx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media