Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

My Milk Date starting 3rd April 2012 for 2 Weeks!

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Bariatric patient experiences » Band Patient Stories and Photos » My Milk Date starting 3rd April 2012 for 2 Weeks!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Its day 2 of the milk diet….

How am I feeling? – The mental side isnt tormenting me too much…I just feel physically tired, no energy, and gurgling pains in my belly….

I have a friend whos come over to visit, to keep me company…..but I just feel like I wanna sleep, or do something to occupy my mind – like play games on facebook or watch a film….Im pretty crap company right now :(….

I think its because I didnt get a good nights sleep and my fibromyalgia flared this morning…so Im somewhat downhearted…..

So the diet isnt really bothering me today….

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Blue.

I always say ‘Be as kind to yourself as you are to others’. This is never truer than if you have a chronic health problem. If you want to sleep and veg – do exactly that. Take care of yourself and do only what is neccessary: everything else can wait. I’m much older than you and I have learnt to prioritise things quite well. I put my family, friends, pets and myself first – everything else can wait. At a push, friends and family can wait too if they are quite capable of sorting out their problems! My two dogs have priority as they can’t feed, walk or groom themselves (like my son when he was 14 haha)

Hope tomorrow is a better day xx

Well my partners home from work early, and our friend is here – So I havent gone for a nap…just kept myself busy….having another milkshake…noticing im drinking more today too.

Why do I feel like a baby – wanting to burp up or sick up milk? :Cry:

Doodah
    Keymaster

It sounds almost impossible when you are drinking so much milk, but remember to keep your fluids up too. It really helps with the nausea.

Doodah x

I have been doing the 2pts of fluids and 4pts of semi skimmed milk…..as well as the salty -Marmite but today im doing the stock cube in hot water. and of course the multivitamin tablet and 1pt jelly.

Today is day 3…im not feeling so sick, nor hungry (yet)….

Almost the end of day 3 here…

Changed my ‘Salty’ today from a teaspoon of marmite to a organic french onion stock cube in a mug of hot water….and wow…it was like a cuppa soup!…May try a chicken stock cube tomorrow.

Jellies are filling me up more now….The blackcurrant flavour has been the best so far!

So far so good. Its getting a lot easier.

I decided to look through my cookbook today -soup recipes….so that I can start making and freezing a soup a day for when the operation is over.

Im not into plain soups…so I’ve compiled these soups to try making:

• Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato & Garlic Soup
    • Chicken & Vegetable Curry Soup
    • Leek & Potato Soup
    • Garlic & Chick Pea Soup
    • Potato and Green Pesto Soup
    • Chicken, Potato & Red Pesto Soup
    • Butternut Squash Soup
    • Spicy Parsnip Soup
    alalgar

Hi there, I am also going for surgery (bypass) on April 17th and starting my milk diet tomorrow. I am a bit concerned with getting low in energy as I have to move away from home for the whole next week for work and will need to be 100% up and running. Anyway I’m just kin on sharing this experience with others going through it.
    Regards
    Alvaro

Hi Alvaro

Your’ll be fine….its amazing how much energy milk actually gives you!….Remember to take your multivitamins as they give you an extra bit of life!

Im on day 5 now, and im breezing it….its become a routine 🙂

charabanc

@Bluebutterflier 22721 wrote:

Almost the end of day 3 here…

Changed my ‘Salty’ today from a teaspoon of marmite to a organic french onion stock cube in a mug of hot water….and wow…it was like a cuppa soup!…May try a chicken stock cube tomorrow.

Jellies are filling me up more now….The blackcurrant flavour has been the best so far!

So far so good. Its getting a lot easier.

I decided to look through my cookbook today -soup recipes….so that I can start making and freezing a soup a day for when the operation is over.

Im not into plain soups…so I’ve compiled these soups to try making:

• Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato & Garlic Soup
    • Chicken & Vegetable Curry Soup
    • Leek & Potato Soup
    • Garlic & Chick Pea Soup
    • Potato and Green Pesto Soup
    • Chicken, Potato & Red Pesto Soup
    • Butternut Squash Soup
    • Spicy Parsnip Soup

Hi,
    you sound very well prepared.
    Can you tell me where you have found these recipes, as I would like to try something different.
    Good luck.
    Thanks.

Recipes Ive got from a book I ordered online….soups, casseroles and stews. and ive got a few of the recipes off friends or online….I just altered them to be more low calorie 🙂

78rpm

Good to see you are feeling a bit happier with the new diet i too found the stock cube in water better than marmite. As I have said before its all good from here on!

rgds

Jay

End of Day 7 here….and im doing ok….I cooked dinner for my partner today, felt fine….Done some soups yesterday, had to watch my fingers -as to not put them near my mouth with anything tasty on them…lol

Now its a week to my op…half way to the goalpost….

Doodah
    Keymaster

Half way through already? Good grief that has gone quickly hasn’t it? Well done for persevering – you sound very optimistic which is always a really good sign ;-))

Doodah x

Nettie

Hello,
    Just wanted to add my support to you, I don’t get on here much these days but just wanted to share with you that I too had a band, it was fitted at the end of July 2011 and so far I have lost 5 stone, good luck with the milk diet and I will check in as much as I can to check your progress.
    Nettie xx

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media